TEA TUESDAY!!

Today is Tuesday so that means that there are Tea Parties going on in Blogland!!

I am linking up to:
Tea Cup Tuesday: Please visit Martha and Terri

and

Tea Time Tuesday: Please visit Sandi

Say Hi! to all the other participants in these great parties!

The tea cup and saucer I would like to show you is not a particularly fancy one!



But there is a story behind it........
The year before we got married, Hubby Joe's maternal grandmother passed away.
She left a note that Joe, who was her favorite grandchild, could pick anything in the house that he wanted before anyone else, including her own children , did.


I had always wanted a Dining Room set. My parent's had a large eat in Kitchen, no Dining Room.
So I chose the Dining Room furniture which was in that Blond finish.
I had wanted the dishes that were in the Dining Room Hutch but Joe's Uncle from Ohio had already taken those.



I guess you can tell what the dishes looked like that I was not fortunate to have????


Yep!! This was the pattern of the dishes!
As a wedding gift, one of Joe's other uncles refinished the Dining Room for us in a fruitwood stain. I have had it for 32 years in my Dining Room. I needed to buy a house with a Dining Room when we got married!! LOL!!
Since, I had other dishes and china, I never got an entire set of dishes in that pattern that Joe's Grandmother had.
But I have paid homage to those dishes in other ways.....

In Lamps.......

This one was actually my Mother's.


These are in my bedroom.....



And this one I just bought at a flea market for $1.00!! I have to find a shade and a place for it!!


And in my Dining Room, I have bought a few of the fancier versions of this pattern...


This one I paid $6.00 for at the shop where I have a booth.


This one was $5.00 at a flea market.



You can see where the tea cup and saucer are normally kept, between 2 more plates....


So in a small way, even though I do not have Joe's grandmother's dishes, I still have kept his memories of them alive. His parent's lived with her until Joe was in 8th grade. He was very close to her.
Her name was Rose and she never learned to speak English. She spoke only Polish.

By the way, guess where the note was found.......
in the drawer of the Dining Room hutch!!!!
I guess it was meant to be that Joe would have his grandmother's Dining Room Set!!

Thanks for stopping by today and everyday that you take the time to visit me!!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment