A BIT OF THIS AND THAT AGAIN!!

This is going to be another Bit of This and That post!

But first, let us take a minute to remember all of those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. It is hard to believe that 9 years have passed since that tragic day as it seems like only yesterday. I live within a 2 hour drive of NYC and yes, there were some local people who worked in the Trade Center Towers who lost their lives. Our prayers are with the families of all of those that were directly affected that day.
I have the privilege of being able to tell you that I actually visited the World Trade Center and ate in Windows of the World , the restaurant on the top floor of one of the Towers.


When I graduated from Nursing School, a Diploma School, not a College, my entire class went on a trip to NYC. We saw Grease on Broadway and then had dinner at the World Trade Center. For a 20 year old girl who had never traveled farther then the Jersey Shore, it was one of the greatest experiences of my life and I will NEVER forget it!

And now , I would like to show you some things in my Craft/Sewing Room.

Many of you may remember that this was my header picture a few months back....


These are the shelves above my sewing table. My son's bed was originally under these shelves that were filled with DVD's when he lived at home.

This is actually a Tree Topper but I leave her out year round....

I love the color combination of green and pink....


Yes, I cut out the flowers from my border and placed some on the ceiling!! See one on the corner....


Pink depression glass, a yard sale vase that cost $1.00 and a plate from Germany....


The scarves on the shelves are vintage...



And now for one of my best finds.....

This little beauty was donated to the church Flea Market that I run.



I really should have taken a before pic because it did NOT look like this.
It was filthy black with dirt!! I thought there was no way I could possibly sell it in that condition so I added it to my running tab ( that tab is now running away on me!) and took it home and decided to do a bit of Dabbling in an attempt to save it from a garbage dumpster.


The originally fabric was also quite dirty and was held on to the carriage with nails and staples.
So I pulled all of it off and kept only the back and side cushions. I scrubbed the wicker with a scrub brush...twice!!

The parasol was also black with dirt so I sprayed it with Resolve Fabric cleaner, rinsed it off in the sink and let it dry outside in the sun!!

I then added the cream colored gimp and the tassel fringe and ribbon flowers.


I covered the cushions that I salvaged with cream fabric ( a tablecloth!) and then added trim.


I cut card board for the seat , padded it with quilt batting and covered it with fabric and trim.


I decided to use cream for my color choice as I have no idea where I am going to put this yet but you know me, I will find a spot for it!! Now I need to find some more bears and dolls to fill it with........


Next is a lavender set I made that will be put away to sell at my November Craft Fairs.




And a Burgundy set that is now offered in my booth at Lark Mountain MarketPlace.





Well, once again, that is it for this weekend.

If you would like to experience a bit of Christmas Music by Trans Siberian Orchestra , please visit
A Debbie Dabble Christmas, my Christmas Blog!

And my Business Blog , Elegant Creations by Debbie to see photos of Lark Mountain MarketPlace where my booth is!

I am linking up this post to :

Show and Tell Friday

Garage Salen Partay

Pink Saturday

Please visit everyone who are participating in these great parties to see some amazing things!!!!

Thanks for stopping by today and everyday that you take the time to visit me!!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment