WHAT I DID WHILE ON VACATION!!!!!

WARNING!! LONG POST WITH LOTS OF PHOTOS!!!!!!!

Hello, everyone!!
I am back to blogging after a week off while on vacation from work! I go back to work tonight!!
BOO HOO!!

We passed this great Diner in our travels, Perfect for BLUE MONDAY!!


In case you missed it, if you scroll down to the post below, you will see a great flea market that hubby, Joe and I went to and some of my treasure finds from 2 weekends ago.

I was also busy crafting...............

And made this little creation which I am calling a cup cushion.
I have been inspired by so many crafters out there in Blogland!!!

It is a demitasse cup set with a base of a candlestick..... Perfect for Tea Cup and Tea Time Tuesday!


And I painted a vintage mirror tray pink.........


Added some pretty lace and ribbon flowers.....


Then I painted a wooden carousel horse.......

Added trim, ribbons, flowers......


And sprinkled it with mica........

And yes, I painted the silver tray cottage white that is underneath the horse!!


Now you ask, what am I going to do with these creations???????

I have crafted my entire life, since I was a little girl.

My dream has always been to have my own "shop". But because of working full time in a profession where I have to work every other weekend, I needed to find something that would fit into my schedule.

Hubby, Joe read in the newspaper about a new shop opening down the road from where we live, 5 minutes away.

Lark Mountain Market Place!!

So we inquired and YES!!!! They were accepting Crafters and NO, I did not have to be there, they would be the ones running the shop!!!
Location is everything and it is located across from 2 supermarkets, Home Depot is down the road and Appleby's is across the street and is 5 minutes from the busiest shopping district in my area and the Moghegan Sun Arena!!

SO......................

My dream has come true!!!!!!!


Here is my little 6' x 6' space in Lark Mountain Market Place!!!


It is in a newly remodeled building.......


The owners , which are 4 women who are antique dealers, flea market vendors and crafters, felt that my Victorian elegant style crafts would fit in nicely with the Antiques and Collectibles.
Thank you to Nadine, Barb, Sandy and Fran!!!!


They have more vendors moving in.....








With the shelf units, I managed to fit quite a bit in my space!



So please wish me luck!!!!

To see more photos of LARK MOUNTAIN MARKET PLACE please click here
or on the link to a Photo Album of the shop on my Side Bar!!

We also painted the back wall of our house....

I just had to show you this darling butterfly......

A great photo for Mellow Yellow Monday!!


As you know, I live in a townhouse with a really small back yard.

This is our little patio in the back.......

The backs of our houses were painted dark brown when we bought it in the late 70's.
It is very hot in the back because it gets the sun all day so I painted the back a lighter shade several years ago. You cannot see the back of our houses from the road.

Our house is 20' wide so this is one side of my patio.

Above is a planter stand that I painted yellow after being inspired by Debbie Doos when she showed some of the things in her garden that she painted yellow.



Yes, my walls are filled in the house and I even have to hang things on the walls outside too!!


You can see the original brown in the photo! Yuck!!

This is the other side of the patio....



Okay, the reason why we ripped off the carpet that was on the concrete was our sweet Savanna!

She is such a pampered pooch that when it rains, she does not want to get her little paws wet so she does her business on the concrete patio block!!!!! You understand why a carpet would not survive there!!
Some day I hope to do some faux painting to make the concrete look like brick and match the paver extension to the patio that I laid this spring.


We don't have central air so we have 2 air conditioners which keep the entire downstairs nice and cool.


My new cushions for my wicker chairs have yellow in them.....


My annuals are just starting to fill in....

Below, on the right, is the sweet birdhouse that I won in a giveaway over at
Thoughts from Meme's Corner a few weeks ago!! LaVoice is just one of the sweetest gals that I have met in Blogland!!


This plaque was originally all gray so I decided to "dabble" a bit with some paints!


All this bistro chair was a yard sale find several years ago and it also received a coat of yellow paint!!

That is a candle holder that you see on the side of the bistro chair. I put a small pot on top over the spike for the candle. It is now filled with some hens and chicks ( plants).



Check out the mail man wind chime!!

Yes, hubby, Joe, is a mail man!!!

I also decided to paint these rose plaques which were also a gray color!


I made the wreath for my back door!



More of my pots filled with annuals.


Today I am linking this post to these Blog Parties:

Yellow Mellow Monday

Blue Monday

Metamorphosis Monday

Show of Your Cottage Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tea Time Tuesday

Please visit our gracious hostess's and all of the participants in these great parties!!!

Thanks for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit me!!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment