THRIFTY THURSDAY- HALF PRICE SALE!

Today I am participating in THRIFTY THURSDAY!!

Please visit Leigh ,who is the lovely hostess for this party, by clicking HERE and also take a peek at what treasures all of the other participants are showing !!

Wednesday was the monthly HALF PRICE SALE at Volunteers of America Thrift Shop.

I waited with about 15 other people at the doors for the store to open @ 9:00 am. It was a bit cold at only 40 degrees here.

These are all of the goodies I bought for $26.14!!! I believe that I hit PAY DIRT!!!!


Below is a lovely Tea cup and saucer and a bowl . Original price of 60 cents each! They match some of the Blue Transferware that I already have!

Next is a cute little creamer for $1.31. I know, they price with strange figures. You think they would just round it off. I love the flowers on this beauty.


Next are 2 egg cups which were 90 cents each. I think they will look cute on one of my Kitchen shelves.
And the baby shoes were $2.92 ( strange prices again). They will be for a future craft project.


Now we have a darling Clothes pin bag for the whopping price of a $1.59. I plan on adding some frillies to it. Remember the prices I am quoting are the original prices and not with half off!


A whole bunch of tulle for $1.oo!

4 pairs of gloves for .99 - $1.49.
I would have bought more but one lady bet me to them and bought about 6 pairs for gardening of all things!!! I couldn't believe that that was what she was going to use them for. I heard her telling her friend!
I will be embellishing these with lace and ribbon flowers.

Next is a cute cloth butterfly which was 90 cents. Again, picture some lace and ribbon flowers, etc. added to it!


And something that definitely made my heart sing is this lovely Victorian lady tree top!! Isn't she pretty!
And a pair of crystal candlesticks for $1.31 a piece.


This is the original price tag on the Victorian Lady from Tuesday Mornings for $19.99. She was $4.94 and then remember half price brought her down to $2.47!


Here is a sweet teddy bear to add to my collection. She was $7.99. I believe she is a Boyd's.


More blue transferware. 2 plates for 90 cents each.


2 Moss Rose bowls for 90 cents each. I collect Moss Rose.


At last month's sale, I bought several pieces of this red transferware. I can't believe that what I didn't buy was still left there so I grabbed the rest. 3 bowls @ $2.92 and a saucer for $1.31.


Now I saved the best for last and you may have caught a glimpse of this beauty in the first photo.
This one made my heart almost stop!!
This is the case it came in. They had the price which you see is $4.99 taped to the top of the case which appears to be silk.
Some of the silk pulled off as I tried to get the price tag off.

It says "J.E. Caldwell &Co." with Philadelphia written underneath


And here she is!!!! A very Marie looking fan!!! The colors are lovely and it is in perfect shape!


This is a close up of the center


Look at the details and those are gold sequins around the edges

The colors used are exquisite!! and again, look at the detail!

She is going to find a special place in my Living Room for all to see.
Any ideas on what I can use to keep the fan open. I think there are stands but I do not know who would have them. Maybe an easel............

Remember, all of this for $26.14!!!
I feel as if I won the lottery!!

Click here for my TRANSFORMATION THURSDAY AND PEARLS AND LACE THURSDAY post!

I will soon hit 100 followers! I truly can't believe this, that there would actually be anyone interested in what I think and do!! So stay tuned for an announcement of my First Giveaway!

Thanks for visiting me today and every day that you take to time to do so!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment