PINK SATURDAY- EASTER DECORATIONS and DEDICATION TO MY MOM

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!!

Thanks once again to Beverly @ www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com. for hosting this wonderful Blog Party!! Please visit her and all of the other participants this week and enjoy some lovely PINK postings!!

Also linking with Lynette @ www.lynetteslam.blogspot.com for Easter Decor Day!!

I am dedicating this post to my Mom. If you could please go to my playlist and click onto MAMA to listen to for this post as it is also dedicated to her. On March 29th, it will be 6 years since she is missing from my life. For the 17 years that she lived after my Dad passed away, all she wanted to do was to be with him. She was never the same after he died but she did live a good life for those 17 years. She sold her home ( my childhood home) 3 months after he died, only having stayed one night in it after his death. She then lived with my sister for a short time until she was able to move into a Senior Citizen apartment. It was the best thing she ever did because she found something there that she never had before........FRIENDS! My Mom worked her whole life and her last day of work was the day we found my Dad dead at home. I had that awful task of pulling her out of work that day to tell her my Dad was gone. As she lay in the inpatient Hospice unit, I told her it was time to go to be with my Dad. She was in a coma but opened her eyes to look at me as if to say Thank you for telling her to go to finally be with the love of her life! She passed away quietly , with grace and dignity in her sleep 2 hours later.

She loved Spring and Easter so this post is for you, MOM!!


Today, I am going to take you into my Dining Room to show you my Easter decorations in that room and one of my 2 Easter trees!! Below is my very PINK Easter tree! It was a Christmas Clearance item at Wal Mart 2 years ago. At 75% off, it was a mere $5.00 and it is a prelit tree!!
I added some Easter egg lights and a whole bunch of Easter ornaments!

I covered the base of the tree with some Easter grass. The bright pink and yellow plastic Easter Bunnies were mine as a child. I am not going to tell you how old they are. HA!

This sweet little Bunny below was a yard sale find for a buck! And the small one was a gift from a friend!

The following pics are close up's of the tree.






Below is one of my Easter vignettes. The Easter carolers are from The Christmas Tree Shop. I bought them last year for $2.99 a piece!!

This is my buffet with my Easter Village on top of it. This village I bought about 10 years ago at JoAnn's Fabrics. The pic on the shelf above the buffet is Joe's maternal grandmother's wedding pic. The DR set is hers.


This white tree was a Christmas Clearance buy for $2.00 at a local store.

Below are close up of my Easter Village!



This cute little Bunny was a gift from a friend.

Below is a Close up .


Below is the top of my Hutch. The Dining Room Set was inherited from Joe's ( my hubby) maternal Grandmother. She passed away the year before we were married and a note was found stating that since he was her favorite grandson, he could pick anything in the house. We picked the Dining Room Set which was in a Blonde stained finish. Joe's one uncle redid it in a fruitwood stain for us as a wedding gift. We later found out that the note was found in the drawer of the hutch.

I collect Moss Rose China. The "Made in Japan" era kind. Joe's Grandmother's name was ROSE so this is a tribute to her.


This is my chandelier which was given to us by one of Joe's Aunts who did not want to use it in her home. I just recently added the lamp shades which I bought at The Christmas Tree Shop , complete with the crystals on them, for $1.99 a piece!! I do plan on embellishing them a bit more when I find some time. I hung some Easter eggs from it!

The above pic is looking into my Living Room. The dividers that you see resemble french doors. They are window inserts from old doors. I bought the one on the right at a yard sale for $5.00. It took me 5 years before I found a matching one at a flea market for $20.00. Joe hung them on hooks from the sofett that separates the DR from the LR. On the Living Room side, I hung peach lace curtains as my LR is PEACH!

Next week on PINK SATURDAY, I will share with you pics of my Easter Decorations in my Living Room and my other Easter Tree.

Thanks for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit me!!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment