MY FIRST THRIFTY THURSDAY!

This is my First THRIFTY THURSDAY!!

Please visit Leigh over at Tales from Bloggeritaville
and all of the other participants in Thrifty Thursday!!

First I want to show you the plates that I bought at the Christmas Tree Shops a few weeks ago. They were 90 % off the lowest sticker price!! I bought 10 of these white plates with a gold rim for 70 cents!! All 10 were 70 cents!! My Hubby laughed all the way to the car!!

Yesterday I mentioned to some that I was going to be shopping this morning at our local Volunteers of America Thrift Store. I have waited for this sale all month. The last Wednesday of every month is when EVERYTHING in the store is sold for HALF PRICE!! You heard me right....Everything for HALF PRICE!!!

I spent $29.18 and wait until you see what I got!!

This is my table full of goodies!! They do have a weird pricing system with items marked at 60 cents, 90 cents, $1.91 and $2.92!!

Lovely blue and green velvet ribbon for 90 cents each. Remember half price makes them 45 cents each!!

The plastic tissue box cover and the quilted divider tray will be for future craft projects. Check out the cute Tea Cup plate! It was $1.91 so for half price- 95 cents!

The yellow platter and the cup will go in my Kitchen. The cup did not have a matching saucer so I found a plain yellow one. I loved that precious Bear plate!! I collect Bearington Bears!

The bird house will be a future craft project.

This sweet Victorian parasol was $2.92. But remember half price!!

Loved this cute little vintage bowl with the cherubs.

This vase will find a home in my Craft Room. At last month's sale, I bought a lamp that is very similar to this!!
It was $2.92 originally!!

This mannequin is what I saw up on the back shelves when I entered the store with about 30 other people!! I almost flew other racks of clothes to get to it!! How much you ask???? 90 cents so yes, you got it.....45 cents at half price!! I felt like I was stealing!! LOL!!

Loved this cast iron door stop which was $1.91!! Again, 95 cents !! I just read an article about how collectible these cast iron door stops have become.

Here is my mannequin up close!

I HIT PAY DIRT with these babies!! When I saw these, I ran down the aisle. Thank God there was no one in front of me!! They would have been under my cart!! LOL! Too bad there wasn't any cups but a beggar can not be chosey!! The maker is J&G Meakin, England.
There is a crest with Romantic England on the top of it.

The small bowls were $1.91, the desert/salad plates were $2.62 . You can do the math for half price!

And the dinner plates were $3.93. I bought 4 of everything. I am envisioning a Christmas Tablescape using these and green chargers..........

Well, all of that was a mere $29.18!! I can't wait until next month!!

Below are some treasures that my MIL gave me the last time we visited her. I love these bottles because I collect all the glass ware in this pattern and I love this wonderful amber glass bowl on a pedestal with a white marble base!! Perfect for a fall display, don't you think????

Well, that is it for today. Please visit all of the others showing off their Thriftiness!!

Thanks for stopping by today and everyday that you take the time to visit me!!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment