Spot Light On : Mr. Selfridge on PBS

 Some time ago, I decided to do a Series of Posts where I shine the SPOTLIGHT on different people or topics that appeal to me!!

Click HERE for my first Spotlight Post about a fellow Blogger, Kim Povey , who follows her passion for the Victorian and Edwardian Era to the fullest extent!!!!!

Click HERE for my second post where I shined the Spotlight on a topic that is important to me, Preparing for Retirement!

Today , I am shining the SPOTLIGHT on a TV show...

Did I ever mention that I am a TV addict????????

4 TV's and 3 DVR's so I do not miss my favorite shows which are many!!

I have said many times that I am a Victorian Soul........

If you love Downton Abbey , then you must watch MR. SELFRIDGE on PBS stations!!

"Mr. Selfridge," stars Jeremy Piven and is "based on the historical exploits of the founder of London’s legendary department store, Selfridge & Co., the series follows Harry through tumultuous times and changing fashions."

All Photos taken from the PBS Site......

 
Photos from Season 1


   Many of the ways in which we shop and how things are displayed in stores today came  from the genius of Mr. Selfridge!

Photos from Season 2


 The sets and the costumes are lavish and set in the Victorian and Edwardian Era.

On Sunday, Mr. Selfridge : A Celebration, premiers which is a 90 minute Preview of Season 3.

Season 3 starts Sunday, March 29 on PBS Stations

 I am so looking forward to Season 3 of Mr. Selfridge!!

I do have the first 2 Seasons on DVD!!

You must check it out!!

Click HERE for the PBS link on Mr. Selfridge!

Once again, THANKS so much for the amazing response that my post, 57 Shades of Gray , has generated!!!

I never dreamed that so many would chose to comment on this post!!

I thought I would take a photo of myself once again now that my hair has grown a bit......


 I think you can see it better in this photo........

I do still have some of my dark hair left but there is a lot of gray.......

 Many have commented on the hair cut.  My whole family, myself included , has gone to the same stylist, Linda, at J.C. Penney's in the Wyoming Valley Mall here in Wilkes Barre for about the past 20+ years!!

 She remembers my sons when they were in grade school!!


She uses a razor and scissors on my hair......

I want to THANK my Victorian Friend, Judy, over at Gold Country Cottage, for showing her beautiful hair as a result of my post.

Judy did a beautiful post, called Generations, that you must see!!
 Beautiful, isn't it???????

Please pay her a visit and tell her I send you!!

I am linking up to these parties:

 THURSDAY
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays - every 2 weeks
Friday Features Linky Party
The Creative Exchange

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday
  Saturday Sparks
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
 The Creative Collection Link Party

SUNDAY
 Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Silver Pennies Sunday
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
 Busy Monday
  What'd You Do This Weekend? 
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Mod Vintage Mix Monday


TUESDAY
Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party
It's a Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie









No comments:

Post a Comment