Celebrating Winter 2015- Outside Decorations


Happy Winter!!

 Yes, that's right!!

I am celebrating Winter!!
 I leave up the majority of the decorations that I use in the front of our townhouse for Christmas but just take away anything that is Christmas related and add a few Winter Decorations!!
Took off the red velvet Christmas Bows and added a few Burlap Blows......
And a few Dollar Store Snow Flakes.....
A Winter Wreath that I made a few years ago by combining a pine cone wreath bought at a flea market and an evergreen wreath.......
My child hood Sled stays outside all Winter.......

As a young girl, Winter was my favorite time of year.  I grew up in the 60's, a decade when there always seemed to be snow.
I built Snow Men, Snow Forts and living on a bit of a hill, went Sledding all the time.
 I realize now that our road was definitely not taken care of too well by the Road Department in the Winter because we would sleigh ride for days after a snow storm!!
 Actually the development where I lived was shaped in an oval with 2 other little streets that branched off of it. Where my Dad built our home was at the top of a little hill but before the road turned to form that oval at the bottom of the hill was a dirt road that led down to the main thorough fare of the small town where I grew up.  That dirt road was also a hill  so that extended our sledding experience!!
I loved to sleigh ride at night and to take our dog for a walk around the development when it was snowing at night.....

Great Memories........

Wish I could do those things now but I am afraid I would break a Hip!!!!!

LOL!!

A Winter Birdhouse tops this Tree that stays on the Front Porch year round......
Welcome Winter.....
Another Winter Wreath that I made replaces the Christmas Wreath on the Living Room window.......
 This sled will also stay out all Winter......
Replaced Christmas Flags with Winter Flags and added Dollar Tree snow flakes to the Trees in the urns......
You can see we have some snow .........
And a bit if ice.......
A typical Winter here in NEPA!!!
Poinsettia bush in a pot now packed away for next Christmas......
But Frosty's Hat remains!!
A new Winter Welcome Flag bought on clearance by Joe at Wegman's!!
2 little snowman bells added to the greenery around the mail box.......
And the Front of our house is ready for Winter!!!
I get a kick out of those people who live here that start to complain about Winter as soon as the first flake flys!!

I LOVE that I live in an area that experiences 4 Seasons.

I personally, can not imagine celebrating Christmas in warm weather or in shorts!!

I am a lover of colder weather and for the most part, I LOVE Winter!!

I do LOVE snow and it's beauty!!

BUT

I am tired of having to drive in it all the time because Hospitals do not close for Snow Days!!

Soon I will be sharing the inside of the house decorated for Winter.......

But

Remember this Nostalgic Stereo System that I bought after Christmas......
Well, I found the Perfect Piece on which to display this on.......

I hope you will come back to visit soon to see what it looks like......
I am linking up to these parties:

WEDNESDAY
Vintage Inspiration Party

Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party
It's a Party!

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
 
 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays - every 2 weeks
Anything Blue  Fridays

SATURDAY
Say G' Day Saturday 
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Sunday Brunch Party
 Snickerdoodle Sunday

MONDAY
 Busy Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
 What'd You Do This Weekend? 
 Blue Monday

TUESDAY

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment