The Marriage of a Chandy and a Swag Light Fixture, Part 1

 First, I want to Thank Christina over at Juggling Real Food and Life for featuring my post,
Birds & Other Critters, Purses, Hot Dogs a Sunset and Just Me!, as her Let's Get Real Featured Blogger from last week's Let's Get Real Linky Party!!
Thanks so much, Christina!!

Please visit and link up to this great party!!


You may remember that I bought this beauty at an Estate Sale in my townhouse development a few weeks ago for $20......
It is so my style and I fell in love with it as soon as I grabbed it......
Look at those pretty glass beads!!
Well, here was my dilemma.....
I wanted to hang it over my Craft Room work table for better lighting......
But I already had this chandy there that I truly loved......
I got it at a flea market several years ago for almost nothing and I ripped the electrical works out of it and Dabbled with it and prettied it up and there you have it.......
I still wanted to keep it there so I decided to MARRY the chandy and the new light fixture........
I took down the chandy and took all the pretties off of it.......
I hung the light fixture up .......
And then hung the chandy so that the chain from the light fixture went thru the arms of the chandy ......

Here, let me turn the light on for you.....
Looking like the light fixture was connected to the bottom of the chandy!!!!
Then I prettied up the chandy again!!
I did add more beads ........
Which are cheap beaded Christmas garland cut in long strands.....
The green beads are Christmas ornaments......
Remember the pink and white rose garland that I bought at a Church Flea Market for $1.00 for the whole bag???
Here is where I used some of it......
I wrapped it around the chain......
I am really happy with how this "Marriage" is working!!
I got to keep my chandy and add more light to my work space area......
I am loving how it looks!!
Now, you know me......
 I just have to show you it at night!
 Look at those beads glisten!!
This will definitely make me want to spend more time in my Craft Room!!
Speaking of that.......

I decided to do another Craft Fair in addition to the 2 that I do in November each year......

 This one is in September and will give me a chance to showcase some of my Fall and Halloween wreaths and crafts....

I have a busy schedule starting now with the Flea Market that I am helping to run for our church ( can't wait to share all the treasures that I will be buying there with you!) on August 23, the Craft Fair on September 13, the Harvest Tea where I am doing a White and Gold Christmas Themed Table on October 8th( Joe and I will be on vacation for almost 2 weeks then) , another Craft Fair on November 1st and then the Craft Fair that I Co -Chair and am a vendor at on November 22 and 23!!!

Do I need my head examined or WHAT??????

A 90 year old friend of mine who is fantastic for her age told me when I asked her what her secret is to her youthful appearance and physical condition .

She said it is to keep busy, keep moving and never stop learning!!

At this rate, I should live to 200 y/o!!!!!!

If you noticed, the Title to this post is The Marriage of a Chandy and a Light  Fixture, Part 1......

I hope you will come back to visit when soon I will share in Part 2 what I did with this one and the one it replaced!!
But next I will be sharing my Front Porch and Yard Update for August with some new things!!



I am linking up to these parties:
 
SATURDAY
Best of the Weekend Party
 The Creative Collection Link Party
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
  Serenity  Saturday
 Weekends Are Fun Blog Hop 
Say G' Day Saturday 
 Party Junk

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
That DIY Party
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 
Share It Sunday
Link It or Lump It Sunday
Sundays at Home
Sunday's Best Partay! -monthly

Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
Inspire Me Monday 
 Creative Mondays
Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
  Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
 Project Parade Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Worthwhile Wednesdays 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
Whatever Goes Wednesday 
 Pretty Wednesdays Linky Party
 Wow Me Wednesday
  Before and After Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Create it Thursday 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
Handmade Hangout Party
 Fabulously Frugal Thursdays
 Thursday Sweet Haute Share Linky Party
 Vintage Thingie Thursday
Weekend Retreat Linky Party

 FRIDAY
  The Creative Exchange
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
  Fridays Unfolded Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
  Let's Get Real Friday Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
  Eat. Create. Party
 What To Do Weekends
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Anything Goes Linky Party
The Party Bunch
Friday's Five Features Party 
Craft Frenzy Friday 
Creativity Unleashed Link Party 
  Inspiration Gallery Link Party
Fabulous Fridays
 The Feature Friday Link Palooza
 Friday Favorites

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment