New Things on the Front Porch & Yard, August Update 2014!!!!

Over the past few weeks, I have added a few things to the Front Porch and changed some things in my tiny Front Yard......

First I want to Thank these wonderful Hostesses for featuring my post, The Last Wall in my Kitchen, from last week's parties!!

Thanks to Angel over at Sew Crafty Angel, for featuring my post from last week's Wake Up Wednesday Linky party!!

Thanks so much, Angel!!

And Thanks to  Kathy over at A Delightsome Life for featuring this post, from last week's Home and Garden Party!!
Thanks so much, Kathy!!

And also to Richella over at Imparting Grace for featuring that same post from last week's
Grace at Home Party!!
Thanks so much, Richella!!!

I am thrilled that so many enjoyed this post!!

And I also want to Thank Stacey over at Embracing Change  for featuring my post,
Mail Box Makeover and Empty Nest Syndrome, from last week's Creative Inspirations Party!!!
Thanks so much , Stacey!!

Please take some time to visit and to Link up to these great parties!!

 Back to my Front Porch and Yard.....

All of my annuals that I plant in my pots are blooming beautifully!!
We have not had a really HOT Summer here but we have not had a lot of rain either ......
I do water daily because the pots dry out quickly with the sun and also the amount of wind that we get being up on a hill.......
I had just dead headed the geraniums so there are not many blooms in this photo but there really are geraniums in there!!
I added a new solar lantern........
Bought at Wegman's on Clearance for $5.00.....
It looks pretty both during the day and at night!!

And also this solar cherub was bought on Clearance for $5.00 at 75% off!!
Again, my flowers are doing well!!
I bought the "Welcome to Our Porch" Sign at Gabes awhile back......
I also added new pillows to match the new cushions on the chairs.....
Again, on Clearance in Wegman's for $5.00 each!!
They will look nice even in the Fall....
A new Solar Garden Angel....  from Wegman's........
Looking down my sidewalk.....
I water using 2 large Sprinkling Cans that I have to carry through the house......
Begonias and Coleus do well here because the front of our house does not get the Sun until the evening......
Again, there are geraniums in this box but I just dead headed a bunch of them!!
Marigolds always do well!!
There are only 8 begonias planted in this planter!!
The little Flower Bed under the LR window......
Crackled Glass Solar lights from Wegman's!
We replaced the White Gutter extension with a brown one as soon as i saw the brown ones in the Lowe's circular!!!!
And I also bought new fencing for around the Flower Bed on Clearance in Big Lots for $4.00 each pack, using 3 packs, appropriately called Victoria!!
Even the flowers in my urns are doing great after planting them midway through the season!!
I am looking forward to planting mums in them for the Fall though!!
 Once again, the begonias are doing VERY well!!
 And to think that our Church was throwing these urns out!!!!
 See my new Fairies?????
 You guessed it.......

Bought at Wegman's on Clearance!!!

They go well with the urns, don't they????
 Looking at the Front Flower Bed.......
The other Fairy and a Solar Rock........
You may remember how large my Rhododendron was........
Both the Azaleas and Rhodie were a bit too big........
So they all got a trimming.......
The Rhodie filled in nicely after I chopped the heck out of it!!!
Another Solar Lantern.......
Moving down the Flower Bed......
I re-arranged some things around the Garden Bench......
Love these Gerber Daises!!
Angels and a Fairy!!
Looking out from the Front Porch..........
You may also notice something different here.....

Remember how big the forsythia was?????
It was too much to keep trimming so I also chopped the heck out of it!!

Joe was hoping I killed it!!
But I knew it would come back!!

 LOL!!
We are going to keep it small......

And there is the Mail Box that I made over!!
Click HERE to read the post about it.....
One more Solar Lantern......
I just love these!!
With the trimming I did, you can now see the front of the house better from the parking lot......
 You can see more of the porch....
 Notice that I hung a Welcome Slate on the back of the garden bench that can be seen from the Parking Lot.....
 Next year, I may trim the Rhodie down a bit smaller.....
 So that is my August Update on the Front Porch....
 And Front Yard......
I hope you will come back to visit when I will be sharing a few "new" things in my Dining Room.......
 2 "New" Curios....from my neighbor's house!!

Along with a new rug in the Dining Room!!

This is the week when I am helping to run a Flea Market for our church so I am a bit behind on returning comments, visits and answering emails but I will catch up soon.....

This is what our church hall looked liked when everything was brought down from the Flea Market Garage where everything is stored.....
 Everything needed to be weeded through.......
 And priced.......
 And put out on the tables!!!
 These photos were taken before one more load came down!!!
 Did I mention that I tried really hard not to have a panic attack???????
Amazingly so with the help of a total of 15 people , we only have about a  4th of what you see here to go through!!

It truly is a Miracle!!!!

In my next post, I will share more about the Flea Market and what came home with me!!

I am linking up to these parties:

August Garden Party 

  FRIDAY
The Creative Exchange
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
  Fridays Unfolded Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
  Let's Get Real Friday Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
  Eat. Create. Party
 What To Do Weekends
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Anything Blue  Fridays
The Party Bunch
Friday's Five Features Party 
Craft Frenzy Friday 
Creativity Unleashed Link Party 
  Inspiration Gallery Link Party
Fertilizer Friday 
Fabulous Fridays 
The Feature Friday Link Palooza
Friday Favorites

SATURDAY
Best of the Weekend Party
 The Creative Collection Link Party
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
  Serenity  Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
Party Junk
 Weekends Are Fun Blog Hop

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
That DIY Party
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 
Share It Sunday
Link It or Lump It Sunday
Sundays at Home
Sunday's Best Partay! -monthly
  Seasonal Sunday

Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
Inspire Me Monday 
  Blue Monday
 Creative Mondays
Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
  Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
 Project Parade Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Worthwhile Wednesdays 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
Whatever Goes Wednesday 
 Wow Me Wednesday
 Rednesday 
  Before and After Party

Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Create it Thursday 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
Handmade Hangout Party
 Fabulously Frugal Thursdays
 Thursday Sweet Haute Share Linky Party
Weekend Retreat Linky Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment