Mailbox Makeover and Empty Nest Syndrome!!!

First, I want to Thank Clairejustine over at ClairejustineOXOX  for featuring my post,
 Birds and Other Critters, Hot Dogs,Purses and Sunsets, from last week's Creative Mondays Party!!
Clairejustine hails from across the pond in the UK and I could not help but ask her if she is a Dr Who fan!!!!!! She is not but her children are!!

I am anxiously awaiting the Premiere of Peter Capaldi as Dr Who on August 23rd on BBC America!!
Anywho, Thanks Clairejustine for the honor!!

Please take some time to visit and link up to this great party!!

Also, I want to tell all of you about this great party........

Countdown to Christmas Weekly Linky Party!!
My friend, Sherry, loves all things Christmas like I do and is hosting a weekly Countdown to Christmas Linky Party over at her blog, The Journey Back!!

She was kind enough to feature my post, Review of The Christmas Cottage Journal 2012, from last week's party!! This post is on my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!

Thanks so much,Sherry!!

Please stop by and visit and/or link up a new or past Christmas post to this great WEEKLY Holiday party!!


 You may remember that I bought this mailbox at a Florist Liquidation Estate Sale for $15.00 a few week's ago......
Now I do not need a mailbox because in the Townhouse Development in which I live we have a huge mailbox at the entrance to our parking lot with mail boxes for all of the 18 townhouses on my Court.

But since Joe is a Letter Carrier for the Unites States Postal Service, I thought it would be a cute piece of Garden Art !!
This mailbox was mounted to an inverted pot because it was used for Weddings in which cards to the bride and groom were placed.

This actually made it very easy for me to mount.......

Mount to what you are asking????

Why....... to this plant stand!!
It was originally $34.99 in Michaels but at 80% off........
It was only about $7.00.........
I really hated to cover that pretty top.......

But I got out my E6000 Glue and glued the mailbox onto the plant stand!!
A perfect match!!
Now I wanted to Dabble a bit more with it so I found some stencils that I had......
And roughly used the stencil as a template and then filled in with more paint.......
You will get a laugh out of the fact that I actually almost forgot the R in our name and had to quickly wipe off an N placed a space too soon or our name would have read Bana instead of Barna!!!
I then waited for it to dry and sprayed it with a clear acrylic Sealer from Rustoleum.

I went up the attic and rooted through my stash of greenery and florals and...........

Here it is!!
 Out in the front yard!!!
 It is anchored into the ground with huge metal hooks that Joe pounded in.........
 These hooks used to hold large framed Christmas figures in the ground about a decade ago and they never blew over so hopefully, they will work for the mailbox too!!
 I am already envisioning how I will decorate it for Fall , Christmas and Winter!!!
 I am very happy with the way it came out.......
 Joe, on the other hand, wants to know why I keep reminding him of work!!!!!

You may remember that I also re did this Mail Box too!!
What can I tell ya???

LOL!!

Many of you know that for the 2nd time, we had Morning Doves nest in one of my hanging flower pots out in our patio right by one of the Den's windows......
You can see that we had a very good view especially because the computer armoire is right by that window so all I had to do was look up as I sat at the Computer.....
 And what a view we had!!!!!
 And they also had a great view of us too!!!
 We got to see feeding......
 My......... how fast they grew!!!!
 And Cuddling......
 And slowly the parent Birds were leaving the Babies alone.......
 You can see that they are not very messy if you know what I mean!!
 But still came back to check on them....
 They let me walk right up to the pot outside to take photos!!
 The Babies were getting quite big.....
 Almost as big as the Parent Birds!!
 We knew it would be just a matter of time before they would Fly the Coop!!!!

  And that they did!!

But they did not go far.........
 They spent a night on top of our shed!!
 And one of them visited with Mom and Dad!!
 They are still around in the yard and in the trees behind me!!!!!

But I am suffering from Empty Nest Syndrome!!!

I wonder if another pair of Morning Doves will come along and use my pot for a 3rd time to nest??????

Time will only tell!!!

We are VERY grateful for the hours of entertainment that these Birds have provided us with this Summer!!!

I hope you will be back to visit when I share my 2nd Marriage of a Chandy and a Light Fixture!!
I am linking up to these parties:

 August Garden Party

Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Create it Thursday 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
Handmade Hangout Party
 Fabulously Frugal Thursdays
 Thursday Sweet Haute Share Linky Party
Weekend Retreat Linky Party

 FRIDAY
  The Creative Exchange
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
  Fridays Unfolded Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
  Let's Get Real Friday Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
  Eat. Create. Party
 What To Do Weekends
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Anything Goes Linky Party
The Party Bunch
Friday's Five Features Party 
Craft Frenzy Friday 
Creativity Unleashed Link Party 
  Inspiration Gallery Link Party
Fertilizer Friday 
Fabulous Fridays 
The Feature Friday Link Palooza
Friday Favorites
 Anything Blue  Fridays

SATURDAY
Best of the Weekend Party
 The Creative Collection Link Party
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
  Serenity  Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
Party Junk
 Weekends Are Fun Blog Hop 

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
That DIY Party
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 
Share It Sunday
Link It or Lump It Sunday
Sundays at Home
Sunday's Best Partay! -monthly
  Seasonal Sunday

Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
Inspire Me Monday 
 Creative Mondays
Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
  Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
 Project Parade Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Worthwhile Wednesdays 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
Whatever Goes Wednesday 
 Wow Me Wednesday
  Before and After Party
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment