Checking in!

HELLO!!
Yes, I have been missing in action and will be for the next few weeks.

This is a very busy time of year for me and I have so much to do but first I want to tell you about what I have done!!

A while ago, I showed you these curtains that I bought at a church Flea Market and hung to create a fake window in my Dining Room.




At the same Flea Market, I bought two panels and 2 valances of the same curtains but in this color for $3.00. I later found out that one of our local department stores had the identical curtains so I bought more.



You may remember this photo of my Living Room before we took the air conditioner out of the window and I had my peach lace curtains up.


Since my Living Room is Peach and I do decorate it for Christmas in red, green and gold, I thought these curtains would look better for the winter, minimize the peach, and they match my sofa and chairs.


This is my fake window in the Living Room. I realized that after I stuck these mirror tiles to this wall in the 80's, I was never going to get them off the wall so I now disguise them and create a "faux' window!



This is the actual pair that I bought at the Flea Market. They are shorter but that is good as our baseboard heat in beneath the window.



And here is the extra valance that I used for the front door. The lace curtains are a pale shade of peach.


By the way, that is a metal door that I painted to look like wood.

I just want to show you 2 photos from my Tea Pot Calendar.
I love this calendar!



Now one of the reason's why I have been and will be busy is our church's Harvest Tea. It is an annual event and it is this coming Wed. I will be posting all of the photos on Tea Tuesday on the 27th.
I am a hostess. As a hostess, you pick a theme in which you decorate your table, invite 10 guests for your table. You provide the food that your guests will be eating and a favor for each guest. The guest then donates $10.00 to the church.
I used to do this with a good friend and we did 3 tables, that right , 30 guests!!
But she is having health problems so I am doing it alone and I will be doing 2 tables, 20 guests!!
Now many use paper plates and napkins but some of us use china.

Here is a peak of things for my one table which will be a Patriotic Table entitled "My Country Tis of Thee".



I want to show you these dinner plates that I bought. The one on your left was from Marshall's for $3.99 and the one on the right was from Ross's for 99 cents!!!


Here is the beginning of the favors I am making for this table. I am waiting for vintage patriotic tags to come in the mail so I can finish these favors.


The guests at this table will be members of the Victorian Group that I belong to.

The theme for the other table that I will be doing is "Guardian Angels, Someone to Watch over You!" The guests at this table are all of the ladies of my church who help me with our church flea market. They are my guardian angels and I could not do it without them!

These are the favors that I made for the Guardian Angels Table.


You will have to check back on the 27th to see my tables and all of the other ones. We usually have about 250 people! It is such a lovely event.

So I have been making favors and deciding how to decorate the tables. I will be baking cookies and making tea sandwiches and then on Tuesday evening, we have to haul everything to the church hall to decorate the tables. Then Wed. afternoon, we take all of the food up. The event starts at 7pm and there is about a half hour or so where everyone walks around to view the tables. We then ahve some sort of entertainment and then the hostess's then serve their guests. Then there are door prizes and it is such a wonderfully fun evening!!

Also I have 2 Craft Fairs coming up in November so I am trying to make things for.

Plus, I start to decorate for Christmas the first week of November as soon as I take down the Halloween/Fall Decorations.
Remember , I do 12 trees!! So I need to start early .
And I work full time!!
I like to have the house decorated completely by the weekend after Thanksgiving so I can enjoy it.
Plus I usually do 2 Open Houses over the Holidays!!

So I guess you see why I won't be around much in the next few weeks.

But please check back in 2 weeks for all of the Harvest Tea photos!! I am sure you will enjoy seeing them.

I am linking up to :

Show and Tell Friday
and
Garage Salen Partay

Please try to visit everyone participating in these great parties!!

Thanks for visiting today and every day that you take the time to visit me!!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment