PEARLS AND LACE THURSDAY- LACE DRESSES!!

Welcome !!

Today I am linking up with Doni over @ Faith,Grace and Crafts

She is hosting PEARLS AND LACE THURSDAY. Doni is looking for more participants in this great blog party. So won't you please consider joining us???? I am sure you all have a lot of gorgeous lace and pearls to share with us!!

I have shown you "Minerva" before but here are some close ups.

Why I call her Minerva you ask? I haven't the fainest idea! Last Christmas when I had to move her upstairs to make room for Christmas decorations, I just happened to say that I was taking Minerva upstairs and there you have it........ the name stuck!! LOL!!


This beautiful white dress was bought at a Costume Shop during a Fall Festival. They had a rack of dresses outside labeled $5.00! I thought it was a steal for $5.00!
Then about a year later , I found the wicker dress form at a Consignment shop for $20 so I grabbed it.



I added the peach accessories so she would match my Peach Living Room.

Did you notice my new header and blog colors are now mostly peach? What can I say, I get bored quickly!

The black lace scarf around her shoulders has sequins on it but I couldn't pick them up in the photos.



The Black "tie" is actually a hair barrett! I added the cameo pin and the cute tea pot pin is from my sweet friend, Martha over @ Martha's Favorites


I made her hat. Lots of lace , pearls , flowers and feathers!


Below is a sweet dress I bought in Salvation Army for $4.00. I hope to some day, actually fit into it! I may have to suture my mouth closed though if that is ever going to happen! LOL!!


This dress is hanging on one of the Victorian Lace embellished hangers that I make and sell at local Craft Fairs. Remember that I hope to start to sell my crafts again on Ebay sometime in June.

This dress is hanging on my Bedroom Door.


The gloves I have added were one of the pairs of gloves I got at my favorite local Thrift Shop during their monthly half price sale . They were 50 cents. I added a nice Victorian looking pin to them.


There is a pearl decoration on the hanger and vintage pearls are hanging from "her" neck.

Below is one of my Victorian Dolls. I collect dolls.


She is about 30 inches tall and is wearing a beautiful lace dress.

You can see her pearl necklace. She resides in my living Room.
Joe, Hubby, bought her for me as a Mother's Day gift a few years back. And yes, I have trained him right!! LOL!!

I try not to "talk" a lot in my posts because I know everybody is busy and can only make a quick visit especially if they are trying to see what everyone posted for a specific blog Party. And I , myself, am a picture person.
But today , I just wanted to take a minute to say THANK YOU to all of you who stop by to visit me. I realize that you take time out of your busy days to check in on me and say Hello! And I can't tell you how much that means to me!
2009 was a stressful year for many reasons and I lost my sense of creativity. I was bogged down by too many things happening all at once.
Blogging has given that back to me and once again, my mind and heart is overflowing with ideas for crafts and how to decorate my home and garden. My "JOY" is back and it is all because of you!!

How can I ever THANK YOU!!

Love and much hugs to all of my blogging friends!!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment