HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PINK SATURDAY!!!

Today is 2nd Birthday of PINK SATURDAY!!! And everyone is celebrating!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Congrats to Beverly from How Sweet the Sound who came up with the wonderful idea for bloggers to showcase something PINK every Saturday in honor of Breast Cancer Survivors and a Search for the Cure to Breast Cancer!!

I am posting early because I know that there will be many participants on this very special PINK SATURDAY!!

Please visit all of the other party participants on this very special day! I will be visiting and making my rounds throughout next week because I don't want to rush through everyone's posts!!

My first PINK SATURDAY post was my 3rd post on Jan. 30, 2010!!
I had been visiting many of the participants for quite some time before I started my very own blog and knew it was one event I wanted to be part of.

In October of 2009, I had a routine Mammogram. They had found a very suspicious area with irregular edges which always warrants a biopsy. I was one of the lucky ones and my biopsy was negative. But having had a cancerous tumor removed from my right ureter ( tube that goes from the kidney to the bladder) 4 years ago, I know that there is always a chance of cancer to reoccur. I did not need chemo or radiation before. And have remained cancer free.

I am very GRATEFUL for the Gift of Time that I have been given.

My first PINK SATURDAY post featured one of my most priced PINK possessions.....

My PINK LADY Victorian Doll House!


It was a child hood dream of mine and was built for me by a lovely 88 year old gentleman 2 years ago. He passed away shortly afterward of lung cancer.

I am going to take you on a trip down memory lane of my Pink Saturday posts.

I thought that I would have lots to share since I do have a few PINK things.

Below is the photo of what my very first header showed.......a wall in my Dining Room


The Dining Room is one of my PINK rooms and my most Victorian looking room.....



Lots of PINKS here....


Then I thought I would show you my new Craft Room. It was my oldest son's room.

The photo below became my second header.


Even though the room is painted green, I have a lot of PINK accents in it.

I have several of Thomas Kinkaide's Pink Ladies , created in honor of Breast Cancer survivors.


And PINK Depression Glass...


And PINK tea cups and tea pots



And PINK roses.....


Then I decided to share with you my PINK Powder Room


And some PINK things in my Bedroom......


A PINK hat with my wedding gown

PINK perfume bottles...


Next I wanted to share with you my new Guest Room which was my youngest son's room. And again, even though I painted the walls yellow, I chose to have lots of PINK accents in this room....







And I shared some Thrift Store Finds and transformations...




And some PINK Valentine's Day Decorations....




And PINK Easter Decorations


Then I reached 100 followers and decided to celebrate with a giveaway of some of my PINK creations....


Next I showed you some of my finished PINK projects.....








And last, I have been showing you some PINKS in my neighborhood .....


And PINKS in my garden....


I never thought that I had so many PINK things to share but as the quote goes...
"PINK is not just a color, it is a way of life!"

LOL!!

I will be taking the next 2 Saturdays off because of our vacation which will start after next weekend. No, we are not going anywhere but plan to catch up on a lot of things around the house and maybe a day trip or two. My last post for about a week and a half will be this coming Tuesday for Tea Time.
But I still will be watching........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PINK SATURDAY!!
Pink Saturday has been one of the greatest joys in my life!!

Thanks for stopping by today and everyday that you take the time to visit me!!

HUGS,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment