PINK SATURDAY - MY PINK ( AND BLACK) POWDER ROOM

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!!
Please stop by to visit Beverly to visit all of the other"PINKS" @ http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ Thanks Beverly for hosting PINK SATURDAY!

Today I am going to take you on a little tour of my Powder Room. I fell in love with this wall paper border about 12 years ago. That is right, 12 years ago, before Pink and Black were all the rage as that color combo is right now. I did a faux paint treatment on the walls. First I used a sponge to put Mauve or as it is called now Rose colored paint over white paint. Then I used the plastic bags from the grocery store and just dabbed the heck out of it to create a muted or mottled effect. I like to paint my ceilings the same color as the walls because according to Christopher Lowell ( I do miss his TV show)," if you paint the ceiling white and the walls a rich color, it looks like you threw a bedsheet on the ceiling". So I did the Faux treatment on the ceiling too! NEVER AGAIN!!! I could not pick up my arms for days!!!
Some of you caught a glimpse of the Powder Room in a past post where I showed you my Snow Buddies. From November to the end of February , this powder room is decorated with blue and white Snow Buddies and blue and white accents.
Hubby gently suggested that if I got the snow men out of there, maybe it would stop snowing!!

This little sign is above the mirrored medicine cabinet. I bought it at a yard sale for $1.00

So this is my Powder Room back to it's Victorian Style glory! I guess you can also call it French or Paris style since black and pink are so big right now!

This sweet Victorian house and angel are above the doorway into the room. Again, yard sale finds for $1.00 a piece!

The "corner" angel close up

These are mostly all Home Interiors Wall Art bought at flea markets and yard sales. The night light lamp shade I embellished myself.

The sink and medicine cabinet

The soap I embellished with ribbon flowers and a cameo

These are Salvation army finds. The cup and saucer were 99 cents each and the black atomizer was $1.25. The roses inside of the cup are soaps from the Dollar Tree

The black perfume bottles are from Salvation Army for $1.00 each. The frames were part of a set with a matching mirror found at A.C. Moore's on Clearance for $3.00/ set.

Once again, yard sale finds on top of the toilet

The shelf was a $2.00 yard sale find and I spray painted it black. The silver candle with the crystal tear drop shade was on Clearance in Target for $5.00

The estagere was originally gold and I spray painted it black. I embellished the vintage gloves.

Check out the tissue box holder . Each item has a button that when pressed, makes the sound of that item........like the toilet flushing, the mirror cracking, the hair dryer running. Guests usually have a good time with this when they use the rest room. I saw this sold in Burlington Coat Factory for $19.99. I bought it at a yard sale for 25 cents!!! I thought it was a steal!!


The tray was $2.00 at a yard sale and the hanging candle holder was Target Clearance for $6.00

Once again, I spray painted this shelf black and the tea pot was $1.00 at a church flea market. Those are Christmas ornaments hanging from the sconces that I bought in Target , you guessed it, after Christmas Clearance sale for $1.00 each.

And last but not least is a frame that was bought at Micheal's on Clearance for $4.00. This is above the bifold closet doors that hide my washer and dryer. The photo inside is of my Grandmother and my Mother as a child.

So that is my Victorian , Romantic, French, Paris style or whatever you would like to call it, PINK AND BLACK POWDER ROOM!!

I would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of emotion that I received in your comments on my Pink Saturday post last week that I dedicated to my Dad. I want to thank all those that shared their own story about the loss of a parent. I was overwhelmed by how much and how many others related to my little story about a daughter's love for her dad. Thank you so much! If you missed it , please click here and read all of the wonderful comments!!

Thanks so much for visiting today and every time you get the chance to stop by.

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment