NEW BLOG PARTY- LIVING, LOVING and DECORATING WITH BOOKS

Today I would like to introduce a new BLOG PARTY. Carey over at www.chicorynits.blogspot.com has started a new Blog Party called LIVING,LOVING and DECORATING WITH BOOKS. What an interesting topic and I know there are plenty of you out there that share a love of books. So please stop over at Chicory Nits and join her new party and enjoy all the other postings about the love of books and reading! Her link is open until March 16th if you would like to join.

"Gone with the Wind" is actually a book box purchased at The Christmas Tree Shop. The vintage camera was a yard sale find and the photo in the frame is of my hubby's maternal grandparents.

Yesterday , I was feeling a bit crafty so I decided that I would create a little something with these 2 books. I loved the tan and black color combo with the gold lettering on one of the books.
The ribbon was found on Christmas Clearance at JoAnn's Fabrics. I loved the look of it with the sheet music background and gold cherubs. The flower in the center I created from an idea I got from The Vintage Attic . She has a great tutorial on making roses with coffee filters. I sort of did my own version. And added some gold glitter around the edges.

I then added some lace appliques in the corners and some little hearts, flowers and a cameo.


So please join in and show us your books or tell us what you are reading, etc.

I will be taking a break from BLUE MONDAY tomorrow but please visit Sally at www.smilingsally.blogspot.com to see all of the lovely BLUES!!

Please join me on Tuesday for TEA CUP TUESDAY!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit me!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment