Our Den, Part 1


First, I want to thank The Tumbleweed Contessa  for picking my post, 57 Shades of Gray, among her favorite features from last week's What'd You Do This Weekend Party!!

Thanks so much !!

Please stop by and visit and link up to this great party!!

Today, I am going to share Our Den with you............

When I went to post photos of how our Den looked decorated for Christmas from 2 years ago ( I did not have enough time to decorate it for Christmas this year), I realized that I have not shared our Den with you in a few years.....
 This year, I am on a mission....

My One Little Word for this Year is LIVE!!

In order to Live and enjoy life, I am on a mission to make my life easier by organizing and simplifying my Life.

This year, I plan on going through our entire house and getting rid of anything that we do not need, do not use and that I do not absolutely love!!

 I am happy to say that I have finished our Den.........

From top to bottom, went through every nook and cranny!!

So now I can mark one room off as DONE!!!!!!

The Den used to be our Patio and when I eventually find photos from 37 years ago when we first bought our townhouse, I will show you what it once looked like.

My Dad made it into another room for us, taking the back door off the house,
  Getting rid of the Kitchen window, installing heat,
  Making a Pantry Closet for me and preserving half of an existing Storage Room.......
I will show you soon what is exactly behind those doors......

Why did I decide to call it a Den??????
Ever since I was a little girl, I loved an English Tudor house that my parent's drove past many times going here and there.
 In the evening, I was able to look through the windows and see the Library that was upstairs and I fell in love with it!!
 I dreamed of living in that house.........

 Of course, it is a very expensive home and that was never going to happen in this life time but I still loved that English Tudor feel so I named our Patio that was turned into another room in our small townhouse, The Den!!
 It was originally paneled as this room was created in the early 80's.
  It was used as a play room for my sons when they were young and as they got older, it was filled with kids when my son's had their game systems hooked up to the TV in this room.
 Now, it is back to being The Den.......
 I have since painted the paneling and some furniture.......
 And I wanted to return it to that English Tudor feeling that I loved as a child........

 Today, I want to share my China Cupboard which a neighbor had asked me if I wanted before she threw it out........
A few years ago, I painted it.........

You may remember my China Cupboard looked like this, decorated for Winter...........
  It was time to put some of my red and blue transferware dishes back out on display.......

After, what is more English than Transferware????????
  I will be sharing more of my Den in  future posts.........
  I decided to use odd pieces that I have accumulated from yard sales and estate sales.....

  I am going to let the pictures do the talking.......

Top Shelf.......


Middle Shelf.......


Bottom Shelf.......
These are some of the Markings on some of the dishes.......


All made in England......

 I like the mixing of the different patterns.....
 I also displayed a few pieces here......
 I will share more of this vignette in the future but for now......

A Mini Tea Cup and Saucer.......
 A Tea Pot and Covered Casserole.....
 In the future as I mentioned, I will be showing you more of our Den.....

In my next post, My Victorian Style Series, Dining Room , Part 2, I will be showing you more of my very Victorian looking Dining Room.......
I don't know if I will be decorating for Easter this year because I am enjoying "discovering" the passion I have for our little townhouse......

I think I need to take this time to continue my quest of going through everything in our home and organizing my life.............

Right now, that is what makes me happy and after all, isn't that all that matters in life!!


I am linking up to these parties: 

SATURDAY
 The Creative Collection Link Party
 Pink Saturday
  Saturday Sparks
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

SUNDAY
 Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Silver Pennies Sunday
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
 Busy Monday
  What'd You Do This Weekend? 
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Something to Talk About Link Party
 Blue Monday

TUESDAY
Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party
It's a Party

THURSDAY
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays - every 2 weeks
Friday Features Linky Party
The Creative Exchange

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment