My Victorian Style Series: Dining Room , Part 1

 Today, I am continuing My Victorian Style Series where I share how I decorated my 1970's townhouse in the Style that I love!!

Before I continue, I need to THANK a few wonderful Bloggers!!

THANKS to Kathy, over at A Delightsome Life, for featuring my post, Lenox Tea Set for Free!!, from last week's Home and Garden Party!
 
 Thanks, Kathy!!

 I want to THANK Jody and Stan, over at Rooted in Thyme, for featuring my post , 57 Shades of Gray, from last week's Simple and Sweet Fridays!
Thanks , Jody and Stan!!

And I also want to THANK Laura, over at I'm Not a Trophy Wife, for featuring my post, Old Magazines: Do It Yourself #2, from last week's Friday Favorites Party!!

Thanks so much, Laura!!

PLEASE stop by and visit and link up to these wonderful parties!!!
 
AND once again, my post, 57 Shades of Gray, is inspiring fellow Bloggers to share how they are "Aging Gracefully"!!

My NEPA Friend, Pamela, over at Pennsylvania French, decided to join me and did a great post,
The Wearin' O' the Grey!!

She shows off her Grey!!
   And My Goodness!!!  Isn't she Stunning???????

PLEASE visit her and tell her I sent you!!!

Why don't you Show Off Your Gray??????

If you decide to do so in a post, Let me know and I will give you a Shout Out!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________
Now back to my Dining Room......

I have always said that I am a Victorian Soul and that my Dining Room is the one room in our 1970's townhouse that looks the most like it is actually in  a Queen Anne Victorian House
Let's start in this corner which is to the right of the door way leading into the Kitchen........
I always wanted this room to look like a Victorian Tea Room......

Before I go any further, did you see that this is one of the Colors of the Year for 2015?????
 Close???????
I have a lot of old Home Interiors pieces that I just love......

And a Collection of Thoma Kinkade Pink Ladies.......
My Dining Room furniture was Joe's Maternal Grandmother's......
I made the Tussie Mussie......
A Thomas Kinkade Christmas plate which I love!!
Another Home Interiors Picture.......
Some of my Tea Cup Collection......

My Mother's Gloves that I embellished.....
I think I need to add some more lace to this purse, don't you think?????
Joe's Maternal Grandparents.........
Another Thomas Kinkade Pink Lady....

On the side of the picture.......

I wanted to show you the Buffet before I decorate it for Easter......
You may remember this lamp and shade that I embellished.........
If you missed that post, please click HERE
Now let me show you the buffet.......
I have many photos of what I call "Instant Relatives", meaning photos I picked up at Estate Sales or Antique Shops and display in my home.......

And this photo is one of those......
The mini Tea Set was gifted to me by a friend......
These are actually my relatives.......

My Maternal Grandmother and Great Grandmother to the left and my Mother and my Maternal Grandmother to the right......
Again, an "Instant Relatives" Wedding Party!!


Another Thomas Kinkade Pink Lady....

Some faux treats......
 99 cent Tea Cups and Saucers from Salvation Army!!
Yes, those are Christmas ornaments but I could not bear to pack them away......
A piece of costume jewelry.....
The Dining Room furniture was original in a "blonde" finish and as a wedding gift, Joe's Uncle George refinished it for us.
Maybe some day, I will re- paint it but not in the near future..........

I also still have a collection of Victorian Dolls......
And even though I have had them for some time, I do have new rugs in the Dining Room.......
 We eat in the Dining Room since my kitchen is so small and Joe definitely needs something under his chair when he is sliding it in and out from under the table.

I tried the felt pads on the chairs but I was always replacing them so I first ordered the larger rug that is under the table from Lowes.

Then shortly after, I found the runner at an Estate Sale!!!!!!
 I could not believe that the 2 matched!!!
 I did bump them together so Joe would not get his chair all caught up between the 2 rugs........

Now Joe can slide his chair around to his heart's content!!
Did I ever mention that sometimes Joe is like a Bull in a China Shop???????

LOL!!!!!
So that ends this post on this area of my Dining Room........

I hope you will come back when I share another area in my very Victorian looking Dining Room.........
 Until then.......


I am linking up to these parties:

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday
  Saturday Sparks
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
 The Creative Collection Link Party

SUNDAY
 Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Silver Pennies Sunday
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
 Busy Monday
  What'd You Do This Weekend? 
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Something to Talk About Link Party

TUESDAY
Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party
It's a Party

THURSDAY
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays - every 2 weeks
Friday Features Linky Party
The Creative Exchange

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment