My Victorian Style Series: Some Bright Ideas in the Dining Room

 I've been playing with lighting in our Dining Room........

 I have a "thing" for lamps and lighting!

Okay, it is an addiction......

 Maybe because we live in a townhouse that only has a total of 7 windows in the entire house!!

You may remember that Joe picked up 3 packs of these at Wegmans after Christmas on Clearance for a little over $1.00 a pack........
 I have never seen anything like this before!!

3 strands of beads came in each pack........

Of course, I had to add them to my Dining Room Chandy!!
 They blend in quite well , don't you think????????
Love the look!!
Since the Fall, I had taken the Lamp Shades off the Chandy.........

Now I was ready for a change and decided to add one of the 2 sets of lamp shades that I have for the chandy.....
Takes on a whole different look and even creates a different type of lighting direction......

I added some pink crystals to the chandy also.......
Can you see them?????
 The shades do change it up a bit......
 I did have 3 strands of beads left.....

I did use one somewhere that I have already shared in my last post showcasing My Victorian Style in my Living Room...
See them in the middle of the mirror???????

 Now I would like to show you something new........

 Some time ago, I bought this lamp at a Church Flea Market.......
 It did not come with the lamp shade but I will get to that shortly.....

 It cost $5.00!!!!
The crystals, cut glass, gold and marble base just called out to me!!

The only reason why I did not use it sooner was that the cord was a state of disaster and Joe said: "No way are you plugging that in"!!

It was one of the rare occasions that I actually listened to him!!   LOL!!
A local Business called The Lamp Factory offers a service of rewiring lamps with a new socket and electrical cord for $25.

For piece of mind, it is worth it!!  I have taken quite a few lamps there over the years......
Next, I needed a Lamp Shade.......
 I paid $1.00 for it!!!

I forgot to take pictures of the shade before I "dabbled" with it........

 But this is what it looks like after I added a few Victorian touches......
 I have been working on cleaning, rearranging and reorganizing my Craft Room so I had no trouble finding some trim, beads, a venice applique and a cameo button to add a little Victorian Flare to this once very plain lamp shade......

Some tassel trim and beads around the top........
And the bottom......
A venice lace applique with a cameo button placed in the center of the shade..........
And an angel finial on top......
I am happy with how it came out........
And I am happy with how it looks on the buffet..........
I was drawn to this lamp because of these pieces that I already have........
All bought at yard sales and flea markets......

I hope you enjoyed seeing a bit more of my Victorian Style!!!!
I am linking up to these parties:

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays - every 2 weeks

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
 Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
The Art of Making Home- Making Mondays
 Busy Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
 What'd You Do This Weekend? 

TUESDAY
Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party
It's a Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
  Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment