My Victorian Style Series, Our Living Room

As I have mentioned in past posts, I finally have all the Christmas decorations put away from the downstairs........

And I have decided that I will NOT decorate for Valentine's Day this year!

If you would like to see what the Living Room looked like decorated for Valentine's Day last year, please click HERE


This is all part of my quest to stay true to my One Little Word for 2015LIVE!!

I am NOT stressing myself out trying to do things that I do not need to do and with temps. in the single digits , I do not need to go up into the attic and haul down a bunch of boxes with V Day Decorations in them.....

Over the years, I have stayed true to the style that I LOVE, Victorian Style!

This is the first post in a new Series that I am starting titled My Victorian Style where I will share how I decorated my 1970's townhouse in the Style that I love!!

Even though it definitely is not the style that is the "IN" thing right now, it is MY style and it is what warms my heart when I step through my front door!

Many say this style is too cluttered because the Victorians believed in the "More is More" Principle.....

 BUT what may look cluttered to you,looks is warm and inviting to ME!!

The Bold Clean Lines look only looks stark and cold and impersonal to me......

So today, I want to share how my Living Room looks with just a touch of Winter Decorations.....

Let's start at the front door......

The marble topped Plant Stand to the right of the front door as you enter......
 The front door, which is a metal door that I did a faux wood stain treatment on, with venice lace curtains......
Florals  in the gold bucket by the Hutch are actually gold tipped ferns bought at Michaels after Christmas with a few gold roses.....
A vintage ash tray stand serves as our key holder.....
 The Hutch.......
Top of the Hutch and a bit of Glitz and Glam.......
  On one side of the Hutch......
  Inside the Hutch.......
   Other side of the Hutch.....

 They say the Metals like copper, brass and silver are coming back into style......

 They are always in style at our home..........

On the stairs......
My photo gallery up the stairs.....
By the stairs.....
   Looking toward the hall way to the Kitchen.....
   Looking over to the Dining Room....

Those lace curtains are actually peach even though they do not look it in the photos.....
 My new Nostalgic Stereo system and my "new" table on which to display it.....
 In the corner......
 Over in the other corner.....
I threw together a few decorations awaiting to be packed away and came up with this Winter Tree in the Living Room......

Click HERE to read about it.....
 A Tree decorated for every Holiday sits in this corner year round.....
Adds quite a bit of Warmth and Glow in the evening!
Next to the TV Entertainment Center.....
Top of the TV Entertainment Center.....

A Winter Vignette.....
Click HERE to read more about it!
The table over by the front door......
Many items were bought at Yard Sales, Flea Markets, on Ebay, Estate Sales and Clearance Sales.

Many items were also inherited from Family and Friends!

All of them are Treasures in my eyes!!

I have been working up in my Craft Room which up until now, you could not even walk into!!

I am embarrassed to say that it was where I sort of "threw" everything to be dealt with at a later date!

Well, that later date has come and I hope to show you the reveal soon.....

Next on my Series, My Victorian Style, will be My Dining Room, which I always say is our most Victorian looking room.....
 Hope you will stop by and visit again soon!!!
I am linking up to these parties:

  SUNDAY
 Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Sunday Brunch Party
 Snickerdoodle Sunday

MONDAY
The Art of Making Home- Making Mondays
Inspiration Mondays
 Busy Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
 What'd You Do This Weekend? 

TUESDAY
Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
 
 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays - every 2 weeks

SATURDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

  Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment