The " Perfect" Piece for My Cozy Space!!

 
You may remember in a previous post, I showed you this Nostalgic Stereo System that I bought after Christmas in Big Lot's.....
This was bought to replace the stereo that I had for 36 years that took up too much room in my Dining Room.

I paid a mere $56.45 for it........
Now I had to find just the perfect piece of furniture to put this stereo on and I did not have anything that worked with it in the house already.

I wanted to find something that would fit in this space here next to this chair....
 And would still be in the style of the Stereo itself and my Vintage, Country-Victorian Style that I love.......
 This is where I sit and watch TV........  My cozy space.....

 Joe, who my sister always says should be a Professional Shopper, first went to a favorite place of mine, Lark Mountain Marketplace, which is an antique Co -Op here in Wilkes Barre, Pa. ..........

I was home sleeping after work and he was off and can not sit still when he is home!!

He said he found something that he thought I would like......

We both went back to take another look and he was right!!!

It was exactly the type of piece that I was looking for!!!
Quite an interesting piece, don't you think?????
 Lots of places to display stuff!!  Just the right size for the space too!!

 I loved it!!!
And it was in great shape and I LOVED the shape of this piece.......Just needed a little polishing with Old English.....

 And  I thought the price of  $75 was a decent price.....

BUT

It was on sale for half price!!!!
So with Tax, $40 plus change bought this Baby!!
And it is a perfect fit!!
 Not only for the space but also for the Stereo System!!
 It polished up nicely.......
And the finish on the Stereo System is almost a perfect match to the table!!!!!
Don't you think?????
Since I will not be using the turntable that often, I decided to use the top for display.....
I use this vintage dish as a coaster for whatever I am drinking and the magnifying glass is great for looking through magazines!!
And I just love all the divided spaces where I could display some of my Treasures.......
I like how you can see everything from  different places in the room......
The flower pot were a gift from a friend who passed away.......
The "Dear Daughter" plaque was one of my last gifts from my Mom.......
A tea cup and saucer from my collection......
The picture in the frame is of my maternal grand mother ( far left) and her friends and a cousin......
And these are gifts from my sister.....
She gifted me this sweet angel for Christmas.......
We both collect Angels.....
And a touch of Victoriana and and Angel item.......
 Now there is yet another area that I use for a bit of storage.......
 See the top part of the corner next to the chair....

But how do you ask can I get to this space.......

The best thing about this sweet piece of furniture.......

Is that it has WHEELS!!!!!!!!
So I can roll it out.........
 To get to my organizer that I have stashed in this corner space...........
 Looks like I forgot to put my little LED flashlight back in the organizer.......
 Since as I mentioned before, this is my chair where I sit with my feet up and watch TV while sometimes on my new lap top, I decided to convert this remote control organizer to an organizer filled with my things.......
 A note pad, another magnifer for the fine print, pens, a book mark , an address book and I later added a 2015 date book and the remote from the sir conditioner that we use in the Summer.

So this is my cozy little space now complete......
 Joe likes it too because he can sit here and use head phones and listen to his hockey games while I am watching something else on TV.......

So for under $100, I think I did pretty good with replacing the old Stereo!!
And keeping true to my Vintage Nostalgic, Country Victorian Style that I so love!!
You can see that the Living Room is back to normal and that all the Christmas decorations have been packed away from the Living Room

I am slowly working on getting the Dining Room un-decorated after Christmas.......

I am in no hurry.....

I am taking my time.......

Cleaning, doing a bit of purging and enjoying the feel of my home in the Winter.........

I am remaining true to my Word for 2015.........LIVE!!!

In the future, I will be sharing more of how the Living Room looks since I took down Christmas and some of my indoor Winter decorations out in our Den so I hope you will come back to visit soon!!

I am linking up to these parties:

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays - every 2 weeks

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Sunday Brunch Party
 Snickerdoodle Sunday

MONDAY
 Busy Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
 What'd You Do This Weekend? 

TUESDAY
Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party
It's a Party!

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie





No comments:

Post a Comment