Spur of the Moment Winter Tree in the Living Room 2015!

 
 I finally decided NOT to decorate for Valentine's Day this late in the game even though I usually leave my Valentine's decorations up until the end of February........

My One Little Word for 2015 is Live and I have been really pretty good as practicing that so far this year.

I have been taking my time and not rushing through things which is usually the story of my life.

So I have taken my time taking down Christmas and at this point, I decided that I am not going to rush and hurry up to decorate for Valentine's Day.

Next year, when I am part time, I will have more time to do so.....

But, that left me with this dilemma.......
What do I do with this( Tree) until it is time to take it to our Storage Shed and move the White Tree that is currently in the Guest Room down into this space in the Living Room to decorate it for Easter........

I did not want an empty area here so I thought, spur of the moment , about what I could use to put together a Winter Tree in the Living Room......

I really liked how the Winter Vignette on the top of the TV entertainment center looked
 So I decided to try to do something similar with the Tree

I bought these for 80% off at Michaels......
I decided to use this for the topper for the Tree.......
I used white deco mesh ribbon to make this bow and a few streamers for top of the Tree......
You may remember that I recently bought these on Clearance after Christmas.....
 I stuck the white branches into the Tree and hung the large snow flakes........
Joe bought these ornaments in Big Lots for 90% off!!!
They were upstairs sitting in the guest room, waiting for me to put them away so I decided to use them.......

I added the gold ones.....
Then I added the silver ones, snowflakes from Dollar Tree which I used once before on another Tree, icicle ornaments and white snow flake wired garland........
And 3 silver hearts that were given to me by a co worker who bought them at Family Dollar for 90% off.......
It took me about a half hour to decorate this Tree with things that I had laying around waiting to be packed away!!

Let's take a closer look.......
A closer look at the ornaments.....
I also added a few bird's nests...
I like how the ornaments in the above photo look like ice.....
So there it is ............
A Winter Tree in the Living Room......

Now I had to decide what to do with the bottom of the Tree........
I decided to leave up the platform and just make it simple......
I grabbed a few things that I bought on Clearance.....

The 2 white tree skirts.....
 The White Tree.......
 And these mercury glass owls.....
I also threw in a few more Trees, a sled, skates, a Winter Tea Pot and Pitcher and some Mirrors to look like ice........
Let's take a look over on the left side.......
See the tree skirt around the small white tree?????
See the reflection of the Tree in the mirror......
I bought this Tea Pot at a Flea Market some time ago......
The silver tea cup and saucer goes with the silver and ice theme........
Love the Winter Scene on this Tea Pot.....
In the center of the platform, is a sled that was hand made for me when I first got married by my MIL's friend's husband.
I placed a bird's nest on the Tree in the sled.....
The right side .........
A Pitcher that matches the Tea Pot.......
See the mercury glass owls??????
Again, I love the reflection of the Tree in the mirror....
Same Winter Scene on the Pitcher.......
And in the corner is the Battery Operated White Tree.....
Nothing fancy....

Using things that I had around the house.....
And I LOVE the way it all looks at night!!
I will let the pictures do the talking!!

This Tree will now stay this way until the beginning of March when I decorate for Easter.......
. This is how my Living Room looks decorated for Winter.....
Winter definitely has it's stronghold here in NEPA as we had a few more inches of Snow this morning and the possibility of an additional10+ inches Sunday night into Monday!!!!!!
.We still have at least 3 months of Winter left here as we have seen some of our largest snow storms in March including the Blizzard of 92"!!

So for right now, I am happy celebrating Winter in our Living Room!!
And I just want to re- visit a previous post....

The Blue Hour!
I want to thank Maria Elena , over at Tuesdays at Our Home,   who after reading my post, Blue Snow, History, Something New and Thank You!! , left a comment for me leading me to a post done by Susan, over at Between Naps on the Porch who did this post , The Secret of the Blue Hour, 
explaining why my photos of a recent snow fall came out blue when taken at dawn!!!
Thanks to Maria Elena and Susan for explaining this to me!!


 I am linking up to these parties:

SUNDAY
 Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Sunday Brunch Party
 Snickerdoodle Sunday

MONDAY
 The Art of Making Home- Making Mondays
 Busy Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
 What'd You Do This Weekend? 
 Blue Monday

TUESDAY
Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
 
 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays - every 2 weeks
Anything Blue  Fridays

SATURDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment