Celebrating Winter in the Den , Part 1, 2015

I knew I would not have the time to decorate our Den for Christmas this past Holiday season so I decided that I would decorate it for Winter instead and for once, be ahead of the game!!
Today, I am going to show you how my china cupboard in the Den has looked for quite some time now!
First, lets start with the top of the china cupboard.....
I placed a bleached bottle brush tree in this bird cage......
The sweet birds were bought before Christmas on Clearance at Wegman's by Joe.......
I love the hats on them!!
The lighted Snow man was a church Flea Market find from the Summer......
This cute Doll dressed for Winter was bought at a Thrift Store a few years ago.....
The Cloche was bought at Target for 70% off this year and the white birds were bought at Michaels for 80% off!!
I decided to leave my cute Victorian angels out after Christmas.....
I took the red and blue transferware dishes that are normally in this China Cupboard out........
And added my collection of these cute figurines........
I hung some crocheted snowflakes from the lace linens......
The top shelf......
You can see that I still left some pieces of red transferware in the cupboard......

The middle shelf.......
And the bottom shelf.....
In a future post, I will show you how it looks in the evening all lit up because in the Summer, I installed puck lights in the cupboard.......
On top of the vintage suitcase on the floor is a wooden pedestal .........
 It became an extension of the bottom shelf so to speak.....
This is Winter Tree #1..........
It is decorated for Winter with snow balls bought again at a church Flea Market in the Summer......
Winter house ornaments.......
Glass balls painted with pine cones.....
Gold glittered pine cones.....
Crocheted snow flakes.....
And some Dollar Tree snowflakes.......
The tree is wrapped with a wired clear beaded garland ......
And another clear beaded garland that looks like icicles.......
It is one of those trees in an urn and I placed it in a vintage crock......
Hanging on the door of the cupboard are 2 snowmen ornaments and winter jungle bells.....
 I bought this cute snowman at our church Craft Fair in November.......
To the side of the cupboard ......
Some Winter greenery with one cones and a snowflake were placed in this vintage pitcher along with a battery operated LED candle that comes on by timer......
"Wanted One Magic Hat"
The little tree lights up!!
I decorated underneath the China Cupoard too!!!
My dear neighbor Elly, who is now in a Nursing Home with Alzheimer's was an avid collector of snowmen....
These are 2 of hers.....
Along with a sled or two.....
And another Doll dressed in Winter Garb....
More snowmen in a sled and skates....
And this little bear in her chair is here all year round...
So there you have it!!
I will be sharing the rest of my Winter decorations in the Den soon........

Here is a sneak peak.....
But in my next post, I will be showing you how I decorated the top of our TV Entertainment center in the Living Room for Winter......
 We will finally have temps. in the 30's here this week after having been below freezing for most of the time since Christmas!!

I am still taking down Christmas!!

 But I am taking my time and weeding out some things, donating them to our Church Flea Market and organizing how I pack them away.........I hope to do a post on that over on my Christmas Blog for Rudolph Day on the 25th......

If I do decorate for Valentine's Day this year, it may be just be the Trees in the Living and Dining Room but we will see......

I am not fretting over it and I will see how I feel after all of Christmas is put away from the downstairs.....

I DO leave up Valentine's decorations for all of February so time will tell!!

I do hope you will be back to visit again soon!!!
I am linking up to these parties:

WEDNESDAY
Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's

 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
It's a Party!
Vintage Inspiration Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
 
 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays - every 2 weeks

SATURDAY
Say G' Day Saturday 
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Sunday Brunch Party
 Snickerdoodle Sunday

MONDAY
 Busy Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
 What'd You Do This Weekend? 
 Blue Monday

TUESDAY
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie








No comments:

Post a Comment