Welcome Autumn - Fall Front Porch and Yard with a Bit of Halloween 2014

   First,  I want to  give a big THANK YOU to these Party Hostesses for featuring my post, A Tale of 3 Curios, Part 1 !!! 

Thanks to Kathy over at Life on Lakeshore Drive for featuring it from last week's Bouquet of Talent Party!!

Thanks to  Deb, over at Lavender Garden Cottage,  from last week's Cottage Style Party!!

And also Thanks to Trish, over at The Decoratoraholic, from last week's The Southern Special Party!

Thanks so much, Kathy, Deb and Trish!!

Please stop by and visit these wonderful hostesses and link up to their fantastic parties!!


You may remember the last time I showed you our Front Porch when it looked like this....
 
 And now, I would like to share my Fall/Halloween Front Porch and Yard with all of you!!
 First, let's take a look from the parking lot where we park our cars......Remember I live in a townhouse......
 Walking up the stairs to the sidewalk........
 Taken in the morning.......
 The Front Porch........
 The Front Yard.....
Now let me show you the Front Porch........
   I took some of these photos in the morning and in the evening right before dusk.
  The Sun does not make it around the house now to actually shine on the Porch. We will not have Sun on the Front Porch until next April!!!
  I am especially excited about Fall/Halloween decorating this year because I did not get to decorate for this wonderful Season last year as we were in the midst of a major Remodel through out our downstairs.....
 This is my MOST FAVORITE SEASON of the year........
 I have loved the Fall Season since I was a little girl.......
 Living in NEPA, the Fall Foliage is a big Tourist attraction in the Pocono Mountain area in which I live.
I LOVE the beautiful rich colors of Fall.....orange, gold and rust!!!
And I use those traditional Fall colors to decorate for the Season........
Let me now show you my Front Porch all decked out for Fall with a bit of Halloween.......
 Remember I live in a Townhouse in a row of 10 with my next door neighbor's porch attached to mine on the left.....
I planted 2 Mums in this large pot....one gold  and one orange .......
All the pumpkins and gourds that I have used to decorate are fake ones, bought over several years on Clearance!!
I have packed away most of my Summer Garden Art and Ornaments from the Front Porch and Yard for the Winter..... 
I decided to keep this Solar Lantern out a bit longer because of the colors......
I filled this basket with pumpkins and gourds, all fake........
On the milk can is a terra cotta pumpkin, bought at a Flea Market ..........
There is a Flameless Candle inside of it that comes on with a Timer but that will be another post!!
The Front Door......
I bought the "Welcome to Our Porch" sign at Gabes in the Summer......
I tucked a Fall swag that I made into the top of the Eagle above the front door
The weeping mortar on the brick front of our house allows me to hang "things" off of it!!
To the left side of the Front Door...
I made the Halloween Wreath last year......
Wait.......let me close the door and pull down the shade so you can see the Wreath better.....
More things on the wall to the right of the door.....
The large wreath, hung in the middle of the house, originally was hung on the Front Door.........
I added more flowers to this wreath this year........
Below the Wreath on the Porch.......
To the right of the Front Door......
Now , on the Porch it self........
Notice the cushions on the chairs????????
No, they are not new.........

Just flipped over and this is how they looked in the Summer......
Perfect for the Fall, don't you think?????
Above the table in the middle of the chairs.......
A Fall Welcome sign.......
And another terra cotta pumpkin.......
I added a Halloween bow to the tree in the corner and orange lights, which I mentioned will be in another post......
Looking over to the flower bed to the side of the Porch....
Orange Mums planted in this flower box........
All the Mums were on sale in front of a local Deli at the price of 3 for $10.00!!
On the railing.........
A Fall Leaf Garland..........
I planted white mums in the pots on front of the porch because I thought they would stand out better........
A Ghost and Pumpkin sign, wired to the railing because it gets quite windy here and in years past , have caused the pots I put them in to blow over, ruining my Mums!!!
Looking down the sidewalk in front of the house........
The Flower Bed under the Living Room Window.........
We will be taking the air conditioners out soon as we have been having BEAUTIFUL weather with lows in the 40's and high in the 70's!!

 Perfect weather in my book!!!!
The Solar Lights only light for a short time as they do not get direct Sunlight this time of the year.......
My chippy Angel and a fake pumpkin!!
Remember these urns that I got from our Church who were throwing them away????????
My neighbor bought a Tri-Colored Mum at Wegman's so I sent Joe down to get me some!!!
They only had 2 left ......

This one has only 2 colors...........
But this one has the 3 colors.........
I have never seen these before and they were only $6.00 each!!
Orange Mums planted in the Flower Box between the urns......
Fall mini flags in the Flower Bed.....
Looking down the side walk at dusk........
Looking out from the Porch.........
The leaves are just starting to change on the Trees.......
Soon the tree in my neighbor's yard in front of us will change to a glorious shade of orange and rust!!
 These photos were taken in the morning.......
I finally got to decorate my Garden Bench for Fall this Year.......
It was covered with sawdust last year as my Remodel started!!
 I used more fake pumpkins, a mum and other Fall decorations to decorate my bench.......
 I have the shovel wired to the bench.........
And a little wheel barrow underneath it.......
 Looking at the rest of my small yard........
 Remember the Mail Box that I transformed in the Summer.........
 I have decorated it for fall..........
 And I LOVE this Flag........
 It reminds us of our last Fur Baby, Savanna.........
  Since her passing, we have not been able to bring ourselves to get another pet and go through that heartache another time.......

Again, looking at the Front Porch from the Parking Lot.......
Taken in the evening at Sunset.......
 I hope you will come back when in my next post, I show you what it all looks like lit up in the Evening!!
 One final note.....

I have been posting on my Facebook and Google + sites about the Hunt for the Man, who is now listed on the FBI's Most Wanted List , who ambushed the State Troopers outside their Barracks here in Pa., killing one and wounding the other.
 There is now a total of $175,000 in Reward Money for his Capture......

The Troopers involved , live only a 15 - 20 minute drive from me and our entire area is on edge as the search for this Killer continues........

They believe he is still here in the area and schools remain closed in the Pocono area where he lived .

The Funeral for Corporal Bryan Dickson took place in Scranton at St. Peter's Cathedral on Thursday and was televised on local Stations with the family's permission.......
It was attended by an estimated 3000 members of  Law Enforcement from all over the Country......
Some came from as far as Alaska and Floria.....
It was really something to see.....

But hopefully, something we will never see in this Area again.....

 Trooper Dickson left behind a wife and 2 small sons......

So Sad........

If interested in reading more, please go to my Facebook and Google + sites where I will continue to post more on this situation.........


I am linking up to these parties:

September Garden Party
Categorically Crafting Halloween Party
Falling for Fall Porch Party!!
2014 Harvest Hop
 
SATURDAY
Best of the Weekend Party
 The Creative Collection Link Party
Pink Saturday
  Serenity  Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
 Weekends Are Fun Blog Hop
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
  Strut Your Stuff Saturdays

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Share It Sunday
Link It or Lump It Sunday
Sundays at Home
Sunday's Best Partay! -monthly
Sunday Brunch Party
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 
 That DIY Party
Submarine Sunday
 Snickerdoodle Sunday

MONDAY
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
Inspire Me Monday 
 
Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
 Project Parade Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Worthwhile Wednesdays 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
Whatever Goes Wednesday 
 Wow Me Wednesday
  Before and After Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Create it Thursday 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
 Thursday Sweet Haute Share Linky Party
Weekend Retreat Linky Party

 FRIDAY
The Creative Exchange
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
  Fridays Unfolded Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
  Let's Get Real Friday Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Flaunt It Fridays

  What To Do Weekends
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Friday's Five Features Party 
Craft Frenzy Friday 
Creativity Unleashed Link Party 
  Inspiration Gallery Link Party
Fertilizer Friday 
Fabulous Fridays 
Friday Favorites
 The Party Bunch
   Eat. Create. Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment