A Bit of Stained Glass in the Dining Room.......

 I want to Thank Jody and Stan over at Rooted in Thyme for featuring my post, Fall and Halloween Wreaths, from last week's Simple and Sweet Fridays!
Thanks so much Jody and Stan!!

I am working hard trying to finish decorating my Living Room for Fall.........

But I wanted to share one of my new finds and one of the changes that I have made to our Dining Room......

Recently, I showed you my "new" Curios that I "inherited" from a dear neighbor.

Notice that I hung curtains over the pass through into the Kitchen.........
I have had this look for many years as I wanted to block the view of the Kitchen from the Dining Room and vice versa......

At a church Flea market several weeks ago, I found this beauty for $20!!
A stunning piece of Stained Glass.......

I knew just where I wanted to put it.......
I wanted to make it look like a window ...........
So I hung the drapes around it , just open enough to see the Stained Glass piece......
I think it makes the perfect statement in my very Victorian looking Dining Room!!
It has beautiful colors in it.......
But wait.......
Let me show you it with the lights on in the Kitchen .......
And photos taken in Candle Light Mode......
Much better........
 Honestly, These photos do not do it justice......
Now you can see the colors better!!
So that is how it looks from the Dining Room side......
You may be wondering how this looks from the Kitchen side......
I did not want the rose colored curtains showing on the Kitchen side so I kept the white lace curtains that I had hanging there before the stained glass piece but just moved them to each side to hide the rose curtains that you see in the Dining Room!!
This way you only see the white lace curtains from the Kitchen Side......
Again, let me show you how it looks lit up using the candle light mode on my camera.....
I LOVE it!!
I think it was the best $20 that I ever spent!!!
I am really enjoying decorating for Fall which is my FAVORITE Season of the year!!

If you missed my Post on my Front Porch and Yard , decorated for Fall/Halloween , please click HERE
 And if you missed the Post showing it all lit up at night, please click HERE
Last year, I did not decorate for Fall or Halloween because of a major Remodel that involved most of our downstairs.......

So I have been planning this Fall Tree for 2 years now!!!!!
 Buying ornaments on Clearance after Christmas and at Thrift Stores.......
 Also buying pretty glittery Florals on Clearance after the Season was over......
 And now, I finally was able to create this Elegant Fall Tree in my Living Room for my most favorite Season of the year......
 SURPRISE!!!

I used my 7 foot Tree that I use for Christmas and Valentine's Day!!

I hope you liked your Sneak Peak!!  LOL!!!

UPDATE:
The post on How I Created an Elegant Fall Tree for my Living is now posted.....
CLICK HERE to read!!

So I hope you will come back in a few days and visit when I show you just how I decorated this Elegant Fall Tree!!!

I am linking up to these parties:
 
SATURDAY
Best of the Weekend Party
 The Creative Collection Link Party
Pink Saturday
  Serenity  Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
 Weekends Are Fun Blog Hop
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
  Strut Your Stuff Saturdays

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Share It Sunday
Link It or Lump It Sunday
Sundays at Home
Sunday's Best Partay! -monthly
Sunday Brunch Party
  Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 
That DIY Party
Submarine Sunday
 Snickerdoodle Sunday

MONDAY
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
Inspire Me Monday 

Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
 Project Parade Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Worthwhile Wednesdays 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
Whatever Goes Wednesday 
 Wow Me Wednesday
  Before and After Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Create it Thursday 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
 Thursday Sweet Haute Share Linky Party
Weekend Retreat Linky Party

 FRIDAY
The Creative Exchange
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
  Fridays Unfolded Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
  Let's Get Real Friday Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Flaunt It Fridays
  Eat. Create. Party
 What To Do Weekends
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Anything Blue  Fridays
The Party Bunch
Friday's Five Features Party 
Craft Frenzy Friday 
Creativity Unleashed Link Party 
  Inspiration Gallery Link Party
Fertilizer Friday 
Fabulous Fridays 
Friday Favorites

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment