My Creative Space 2014



 Welcome to My Creative Space 2014!!!

Once again, I am participating in  the Annual Where Bloggers Create Party!!!!

Our gracious Hostess for this wonderful party is Karen Valentine over at  My Desert Cottage!!

Thanks so much , Karen for hosting this party so we all can be inspired by so many fantastic Creative Spaces!!

 This year, the party is a linky party so you can just link up your post on your Creative Space!!!

I am actually cheating this year........
I did not have time to take new photos of my Creative Space.....
 So I am cheating by copying my photos from last year.......
Nothing has really changed in my Craft Room since last year and since I wanted to participate......
I thought I would just use last year's pictures to save time......

Now I know many of you have seen my Craft/Sewing Room before.......
But some of you who are new to Debbie-Dabble, may not have seen this room......
So let me take you on a little Tour......
Of the room where I get to "play".....
Surrounded by things that I love.....
And things that Inspire me......

We will start at the door when you walk into the room, which was my oldest son's bedroom at one time.....


Above the Door way........
When you walk into the room, directly to your left is the closet where I keep my clothes and some craft supplies.....
The tub is filled with crafts waiting to be made and on top of it are some unfinished projects....
The border was bought on Ebay....
And I matched the paint to the border....
 A vintage Sewing Chest that I dabbled with a bit.....
A  Shelf filled with supplies.......
The Shelves on the wall on each side of the window were for my son's electronic equipment.

Now they hold a lot of my craft supplies......
 On top of this shelf unit is what I call my "Mother" display.
 These are all pictures of mine and Joe's Mothers and Grandmothers......
  Back to the shelves on the wall......
 You can see that I made great use of those shelves......

 I have 2 of these drawers on rollers.....
And behind this one is another smaller shelf......
 This is a small room,  10' x 10'.....
 My work table is an old computer desk that I made larger by placing a piece of wood on top of it.....
 The shelf on top of the desk was bought at Salvation Army ....
And decoupaged it using images from old calendars that I had saved....
 I also saved a lot of cans that I spray painted and embellished and now use for storage....
 Salt and pepper shakers are now used for glitter....

 You can see I have a few more that I am working on.....
 The piece of wood that I used to enlarge the table is covered with a vinyl tablecloth, cut to fit and then plastic over it to protect it from Hot Glue.....
 My second computer, a lap top , is kept here......

I am hoping to get a new one soon....
This is my "Queen" chair......
 
 I painted and decoupaged a chair bought at a Flea Market for $5.00......

 I have to have my lumbar support on the chair for my back......
And I  upholstered the seat too.....

 And added a skirt which is a bed ruffle bought at a Thrift Store for $1.00......
 More shelves.......
 And I can sit at my work table and watch my little TV.......
 And I have a DVD player to watch movies or to listen to CD's if I choose.....
The other Drawers on rollers unit.....
And the shelf under the TV......
 Now if you are new to Debbie-Dabble, you may be wondering why do I have a Christmas Tree up in this room in July......
This Tree stays up year round and it is now decorated for Summer so it is NOT a Christmas Tree!!......
 With Tea Cups and Roses......
 Ice Cream Cones and Birds......
 And lots of Butterflies......
 I love the glow from a lit Tree.....
 I will show you it lit at night at the end of this post.....

 Now moving over to the Sewing section of the Room......
 But first, let me tell you about the shelf near the ceiling.

This shelf once housed my son's extensive DVD Collection......
 Now I have displayed some of my pink depression glass and Thomas Kinkade Pink Ladies on it.....


 
The antique Sewing Machine was Joe's Grandmother's......
 And the Christening Gown was Joe's and was worn by both of our sons.......
 The lamp was a Thrift Store find and I embellished the shade......
 Some vintage and vintage style sewing items......
 I just love this old Singer......
 I do like my shelves, don't I?
  And of course, I would have to decorate below......
 We will eventually change the carpeting in this room......
 And moving over to the wall where my son's bed once was.....
 Again, the shelves were for his books and DVD's......
  And now they are for my Pretties!!
 I have my deco mesh for wreaths stored here......
 And some of my tea pot collection.....
 All my Pretties.......



 See the reflection of the Tree in the mirror?
Joe made this for me to store my wreaths on......
Some craft books......

The vintage  "kidney" table was made by my Dad for my Mom.....
 Now I use it for my sewing table where I keep my sewing machine......
 I bought several of these drawers last year and re-finished them......
 I hope to fill this with more embellished cans filled with sewing supplies......
 Another chair that I re-painted and upholstered.....
 This vintage hamper hold some of my fabric.....
 We don't have central air conditioning so I need this fan and another one that I use in this room in the heat of the Summer!!!
 And that takes us back to the door way again.......
 
Back to my Summer Tree......
And lit at night ......
I love working in this room when the Tree is lit......
  The Tree does get decorated differently for Christmas......

But you will have to wait until November to see that!!!  LOL!!

 So that is what my Creative Space looks like ......

Nothing much different this year......

But I hope you enjoyed the Tour!!

Thanks for visiting!!

Please  stop by and visit all the other wonderful Creative Spaces being shared at the Party!!

I am sure you will get lots of Inspiration from these spaces!!!
 


I am linking up to these parties:

FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
  Fridays Unfolded Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
  Let's Get Real Friday Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
  Eat. Create. Party
 What To Do Weekends
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Anything Blue  Fridays
The Party Bunch
Friday's Five Features Party 
Craft Frenzy Friday 
Creativity Unleashed Link Party 
  Inspiration Gallery Link Party
 The Creative Exchange
Fertilizer Friday 
Weekends Are Fun Blog Hop 
Fabulous Fridays

SATURDAY
Best of the Weekend Party
 The Creative Collection Link Party
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pink Saturday
Party Junk
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
Saturday Show and Tell 
  Serenity  Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
What I've Been Buying- Monthly Party


SUNDAY
 Seasonal Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
That DIY Party
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 
Share It Sunday
Link It or Lump It Sunday
Sundays at Home
Sunday's Best Partay! -monthly


Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
 Project Parade Party
What's It Wednesday
Rednesday 
 Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Before and After Party
 Worthwhile Wednesdays 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
Whatever Goes Wednesday 
 Pretty Wednesdays Linky Party
 Wow Me Wednesday

Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Create it Thursday 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
Handmade Hangout Party
 Fabulously Frugal Thursdays
 Thursday Sweet Haute Share Linky Party
Garden Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie




















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment