What I Did, Bought, Found & Learned while on Vacation, Part 1

 
 I want to Thank Debra over at MsMoozy's Open House for featuring my post,
Patriotic Front Porch and Yard 2014, from last week's Tuesdays with a Twist Party!!
 Thanks so much, Debra!!

I also want to Thank Rachel over at Bubbly Nature Creations   for also featuring the same post ,
Patriotic Front Porch and Yard 2014, as one of the Most Clicked Through links from last week's Make Bake Create Party!!
Thanks so much, Rachel!

Please stop by and visit and link up to these great parties!!

Well, Vacation is over and  of course, like any time off from work, it went by really fast!!

We planned a restful and relaxing vacation , not doing too much of anything at home!!

Okay, we did do some things.....

 Like had a leaky faucet in the Powder Room replaced!!
This was only $49 at Lowe's.  I liked it because of the white handles and vintage antique look.
 It wasn't until we opened the box at home that we realized that it was just a smaller version of my Kitchen faucet with a little fancier base!!
And what amazed me was that the spout moves!!

Maybe the big expensive ones for a Bathroom do that but I have never had one that moved in Bathroom before and all for $49!!

Made me happy!!

My previous post was about our trip up to Country Folk Gifts which is my favorite place to go to during the Christmas season.
After seeing it all decked out for Summer and Downton Abbey, I LOVE it at any time of the year.....
I will be doing a total of 4 posts on Country Folk Gifts as I took so many photos of the 3 floors and Display House...

Yes, I did say DISPLAY HOUSE!!!!

If you missed Part 1 of my Tour of Country Folk Gifts @ Summer, please click HERE

They were having a Special Sale for Father's Day....25% off all in stock items in the store!!

This is what I bought!!
I really could have bought so much more but I contained myself!!
With the 25% off, these 3 items came to a little over $30.......
This is where I put these goodies!!
 See where I put the sweet apple clock??
And that darling chicken!!
I thought this was the perfect place for the starch tin.....underneath the wash board!!
 Love the colors!!
After we left Country Folk Gifts, we stopped at this place!!
 It is near Joe's parent's house which we also visited......
 It is mostly a Guy's place to shop because of all the tools and things like that that they carry but I always have a great time there.......

 Spray paint- $1.99 each   There are actually more cans that I forgot to take a photo of because I already used them!!!
Solar Lights- 99 cents
Spoons in red and yellow!!- 99 cents
Magnifying glass for me to use while looking at my Decor magazines- $1.29
10 peat pots for $1.00
Brushes- 99 cents
Rope- 99 cents
Sanding Pads- 25 cents each
Glow in the Dark Wind Chime- 99 cents
Flags- 79 cents for 2 and 99 cents for 1
Butterfly and dragon fly pick- 99 cents each
All in all a good haul, I think!!

Then we stopped in at a Marketplace of various vendors in Joe's Parent's town.
A great basket for $4.00
Coca Cola gifts bags which I maybe hope to frame

2/$1.00
A rolling pin which I added to a Tin filled with them in my Kitchen

$1.00!!
Now I want to take you with me on the trip back home.......

The Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains on Interstate 81......
I took these through the windshield......

This is coming down off the mountain into Wyoming Valley......
We will be getting off soon......
  Here is our Exit....

Looking down at the Wyoming Valley and Highland Park Blvd. where there are a lot of Stores, Restaurants and the Arena!!
All 5 minutes from our townhouse!!

This is where you would turn to go to Target and a lot more stores.....
This is the shopping center on the side of our development.....
Now look behind Lowe's.......
See the townhouses???

That is where we live!!
I always say you can see Lowe's roof from my porch!!

Just a little ways up the road, we turn by this VA hospital.....
This is one of several restaurants that they are building right by us.....
A look at the shopping district......
Turning into the Apartment Complex where my sons live and that you have to travel thought to get to our development......

Coming down one hill through the Apartments.....
And going up another hill to our Home!!!
We turn into our Court at that wall.........

I LOVE my mountains!!

Okay, another day we took a ride up to our church to drop off some things for the Flea Market.

I saw something that looked like it was about to be tossed in the garbage on the side of one garage, saw there were 2 of them and asked one of the maintenance workers about them.....

Yes, they were going to be thrown out and I could take them if I wanted them!!!!!

Of course, I did!!!!!

But they are falling apart!! All the better I said!!

And here they are.....

Look at these wonderfully chippy urns!!!
Can you imagine these beauties ending up in the Dump???????
They fit perfectly here on this wall separating our townhouse from my neighbors which drops down about 3 feet......
I am totally thrilled with them!!!!

 
We did a lot of Bird Watching from our patio chairs as my Baby Birds who were born in a hanging Flower pot in the Patio, frolicked around our yard!!!
Okay, don't laugh at my shoes......

 I was spray painting some items which I will be sharing at a later date behind our fence ( spray paint on my yard shoes!) when the Babies were on the sidewalk and not at all upset that I was there, trying to walk through!!!
These little Morning Doves have provided us with Hours of Entertainment!!!
They actually will almost walk up to my back door!!

Here they are in one of my Trees.....
Okay, and here they are falling asleep on our brick sidewalk!!
So sweet!!

I will share more of What I Did, Bought, Found and Learned while on Vacation in another post, Part 2.....

Joe and I went to some yard sales and church flea markets last Saturday and I had a BLAST!!

So I hope you will come back to visit again as I will also be sharing Summer at Country Folk Gifts, Part 2, The Second Floor!!


www.debbie-dabble.blogspot.com

 I will be linking up to these great parties this week:

 What I've Been Buying- Monthly Party 
 
 June Garden Party

 Summer Celebration Party!
 
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Create it Thursday 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
All Things Pretty Thursdays
Catch a Glimpse Thursday
  Tablescape Thursday 
 Fabulously Frugal Thursdays
 Thursday Sweet Haute Share Linky Party
Garden Party

FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
  Fridays Unfolded Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
  Let's Get Real Friday Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
  Eat. Create. Party
 What To Do Weekends
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Anything Blue  Fridays
The Party Bunch
Friday's Five Features Party 
Craft Frenzy Friday 
Creativity Unleashed Link Party 
  Inspiration Gallery Link Party
 The Creative Exchange
Fertilizer Friday 
Weekends Are Fun Blog Hop 
 Fabulous Fridays

SATURDAY
Best of the Weekend Party
 The Creative Collection Link Party
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pink Saturday
Party Junk
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
Saturday Show and Tell 
  Serenity  Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
What I've Been Buying- Monthly Party

 SUNDAY
Seasonal Sunday
That DIY Party
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 
Share It Sunday
Link It or Lump It Sunday
Sundays at Home
Sunday's Best Partay! -monthly


Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
 Lovely Ladies Linky Party
What's It Wednesday
Rednesday 
 Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Before and After Party
 Worthwhile Wednesdays 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
Whatever Goes Wednesday 
 Pretty Wednesdays Linky Party
 Wow Me Wednesday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment