Summer Front Porch Update and at Night 2014!

I've shared my Front Porch with you all decorated for the Patriotic Holidays in the Summer.......
Click HERE if you missed it!

Now I would like to share with you how my Front Porch looks every day in the Summer!!
I have to take photos in the front when it is a bit cloudy because the Sun wrecks havoc with my photos out here!
Remember that I live in a Townhouse with my Front Porch attached to my neighbor's on one side......
 You can see that my flowers are all growing nicely!
 I have my pretty Bird Flag out but it has to be taken down frequently because of the wind that we experience because we are up on a hill!
I decorate my Outdoor Living Spaces the same way I decorate the inside on my Home .......
With reckless abandon and as a Victorian at Heart, I subscribe to the " More is More" Philosophy!!
This is the area right next to my neighbor's porch on the left, looking at my townhouse
The flowers are filling in nicely in my pots!!
Looking closer to the house....
I have a few new additions here...
This basket was a Flea Market find several years ago and I used it for newspapers in our Den.....
 I decided to move it outside and put 2 pots bought at The Dollar Tree in it and plant a few flowers in the pots!
 I goes well with the rest of the black accessories on the front porch.....


UPDATE since I took the original photos for this post:
 I went to a local nursery on Sunday who is now closing out ALL of their flowers at 50% off.
So I bought more colors of these flowers and a whole LOT more!!!!  But that is for another post.....

You will see the green leaf lights later on in this post!

Like my milk can and my new mail box!!
 I bought the mail box at a flea market last year and painted it about a month ago......

It is purely decorative because we have a community mail box with individual boxes at the entrance to our Court!
 The little lantern was one of a set of 2 that I bought last week at a church Flea Market for $5.00!!
Sorry for the reflection off the front door.....
I made this wreath last year....
Looking down toward my other neighbor's homes.....
Notice the square planters?????

They were here for years...
But I had to find another place for them when I rescued these Babies from being thrown in the dumpster at our Church!!!!
I will get back to these urns in a minute......

The weeping mortar on our house allows me to hang things off if it.
Someone once asked me what is weeping mortar because they never heard nor saw it before....

Pretty much it was a lazy way of doing brick work because you just don't clean off and smooth out the mortar between the bricks like you are supposed to do!!
Looking out from the porch.....
This is a great area to sit in the afternoon when the Sun in around the back of the house and late in the evening and watch the Sun Set to the left.....
The other side of the porch.....
Here is the other lantern in the set of 2 that I bought for $5.00!!!
I have a flameless candle in it on a timer....
All my begonias are doing well.....
The flowers in this box are doing great!!
But the coleus in the square pots are off to a slower start....

I may have to move these pots elsewhere.....

There is my tree with lantern lights on it!!
Looking at the small flower bed under the Living Room window......
I am so glad that I trimmed those shrubs!!
Again, the begonias are doing well!!
Again, this is how it looked before the urns.....
I do love these urns!!
Before.......
After......
They are also starting to fill in....
Remember that they were going to throw them out because " they are falling apart"!!!!

They look perfect to me!!!
Our church's trash became my treasure!!
And my little bench in my small front flower bed...
 The plant of the left is a Gerber Daisy in a Dollar Tree pot.

The gerber daisy was only $2.50 at that clearance sale at the local Nursery!
 

And now I want to show you the Front Porch at night!!
My neighbor's front porch light was on when I took these photos....

I used some $1.00 Solar Lights in pots....
Remember the set of LED leaf lights from The Dollar Tree......

I used them on the basket for a bit of whimsy!!
 I only turn these on when I am sitting in the porch at night!!
 Looking toward the road.....
You can see the street light and the lights from the Shopping Center that is on the side of our development!!
 The lantern on the table between the chairs.....
A Flameless Candle set on a Timer....
My Lantern Lights that I used at Christmas on the garland around the railing......
The other lantern all lit up!
The next 2 pictures were taken at Dusk.....
As Night falls.....
I really love the way they look at night!!
And the lantern by the bench has a yellow Bug Light in it from The Dollar Tree......
It casts a softer light than a regular light bulb.....
The week before the 4th of July, I will again change over to my Patriotic Decorations on the front porch.

I hope you enjoyed seeing how my flowers are blooming in the front of our townhouse.

I spent all day Sunday cleaning up and straightening out the back patio, getting it ready for the big reveal!!

 So much so that I am paying the price with a very sore back and knee!!  I am not good at remembering my limitations!

The Patio is bright and whimsical where I tried to keep the Front Porch more traditional and as sophisticated as I could be ( which is not very)!!



I also went to several yard sales and Salvation Army last week and bought some really cute things so I will be sharing that with you soon too......

And I will also be showing you how my little Cottage Garden is blooming.....

Here are a few sneak peeks....
 As you can see, things are BLOOMING!!!

I hope you will come back to visit again!!
  
I am linking up to these parties:


 June Garden Party

  Summer Celebration Party!

Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
 Lovely Ladies Linky Party
What's It Wednesday
Rednesday 
 Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Before and After Party
 Worthwhile Wednesdays 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
Whatever Goes Wednesday 
 Pretty Wednesdays Linky Party
 Wow Me Wednesday

Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Create it Thursday 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
All Things Pretty Thursdays
Catch a Glimpse Thursday
 Fabulously Frugal Thursdays
 Thursday Sweet Haute Share Linky Party
Garden Party

FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
  Fridays Unfolded Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
  Let's Get Real Friday Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
  Eat. Create. Party
 What To Do Weekends
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Anything Blue  Fridays
The Party Bunch
Friday's Five Features Party 
Craft Frenzy Friday 
Creativity Unleashed Link Party 
  Inspiration Gallery Link Party
 The Creative Exchange
Fertilizer Friday 
Weekends Are Fun Blog Hop 
Fabulous Fridays

SATURDAY
Best of the Weekend Party
 The Creative Collection Link Party
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pink Saturday
Party Junk
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
Saturday Show and Tell 
  Serenity  Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
What I've Been Buying- Monthly Party 

  SUNDAY
Seasonal Sunday
That DIY Party
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 
Share It Sunday
Link It or Lump It Sunday
Sundays at Home
Sunday's Best Partay! -monthly


Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
Inspire Me Monday

 TUESDAY
  The DIY'ers 
Treasure Box Tuesday 
 History and Home Party
 Cottage Style Linky Party 
Trash 2 Treasure Linky Party 
Time to Sparkle Party 
Home Sweet Garden Party
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
The Southern Special

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment