My Bright & Colorful Patio 2014, Part 1

I am finally able to share my Bright and Colorful Patio with all of you!!
  Because of the sweet baby birds that made their home in one of my hanging pots, I was wary of doing too much in the Patio so I would not disturb them......
My Babies have since flew the Coop but every now and then come back "Home" to visit!!
 As they did the other day!!!
They haven't forgotten to come back to their Birth Place and say Hi!!!!!

I went very Bright and Colorful and Whimsical in my small Patio off the back of the house where I stayed more traditional and refined on the Front Porch........
If you missed that post, please click HERE

Last weekend, I cleaned and straightened up the Patio and now I am happy with the way it looks!!
It is BRIGHT and it is COLORFUL and it makes me HAPPY and gives me JOY to sit out there and relax!!!!!
I have added a few new things too......
And painted a few things.....
I finally found a cute little umbrella that is perfect for the part of the Patio that I extended last summer......
And it is perfect for the table and chair that I bought last Summer for the patio extension......
I have a lot to share so I am going to do it in 3 Parts because I took a lot of photos!!!
So for now, I will show you the left side( looking at it from the yard) of the Patio or the side where I usually sit...........
I have to take photos out here when it is a bit cloudy because the Sun and Shade from the trees in the back  wreck havoc with photos!!

Remember that I live in a townhouse but my back yard is very private because of the lattice we attached to the chain link fence and the trees which totally block the view of the row of houses behind us!
Our house is 3 feet higher then the house attached on this side of us......
So I can sit out here in my robe in the morning with a cup of coffee and no one can see me!!!!
You can see that I did not plant any flowers in the hanging pot in the corner because that is where the nest was and sometimes, they will come back and build a nest again!!

Since those Birds provided us with hours of entertainment, we would love for them to do it again!!
I still need to put a fresh coat of paint on my Fake brick patio which took a beating over the Winter!!
I do have a lot of annuals planted in pots out here in the Patio.....
In this corner , I have one of my Mini Gardens......

My Gnome Garden......
I bought this wood planter at a yard sale last year for $2.00!!
I spruced up this little Garden this year by adding some crystals in bright blue and green from Dollar Tree!!
The little Gnome has a fishing pole so the Blue is supposed to be water.......
I took some photos with the Sun shining so you can see how bright the blue is with the Sun reflecting on it!!
The green crystals are the grass and the river stones also came from Dollar Tree!!
The little gnome was 25 cents at a yard sale.....
The other Gnome and toad stool were bought at Lowe's last year!!

And a Solar Light from Dollar Tree shines on it at night
And there is another Gnome and toad stool below........
Also bought at Lowe's last year.....
 Hens and chicks in a cute Victorian shoe planter and impatiens in another pot......
 
See what I bought last weekend at a yard sale???????
My little step ladder was $2.00 and was just what I was looking for!!
I did not even have to paint it!! 

I loved it the way it was!!
And here is another Gnome!!
Over by my chair..........
I bought the wreath at a flea market several years ago and added to it ..........
This stand was also a Flea Market find that I painted pink last year.....
See the little blue butterfly lights??????
They are from the Dollar Tree!!  Battery operated LED Lights!!
I bought new pillows for the chairs this season at Lowe's......
My foot stool got a new coat of yellow paint this season.......
Maybe the birds will come back and nest again.......

They have 6 broods per season and often return to the same nesting place.......
I planted coleus here as it is a shade loving plant........

I bought it for $1.00 at a local Nursery who is selling all their flowers at 50% off to clear them out and focus on their landscaping business for the remainder of the Summer. They do this every year and I have learned to wait for it!!
I hung little wreaths on the windows.......
 Please excuse the ugly air conditioner as we do not have central air......
 I stole one of my timer flameless candles out of here to put out on the front porch so I need to buy another one......
Binoculars for bird watching as my neighbor's have feeders and we see quite an array of birds in out little back yard!!
The plant stand was painted last year......
As was the bird cage......
 That cute green place mat is from Dollar Tree and was the last one left......


I hope they get more in!!
 Another set of lights from the Dollar Tree!!
 
I painted all my garden wall art last year......
Along with this chair.....
In my next post, I will share the other side of my little patio.....
And the little extension of the patio and my new umbrella which provides more additional shade then the awning provides......
 I hope you enjoyed Part 1 of my tour of our little patio!

Click HERE for Part 2 , the other side of the Patio!

Click HERE for Part 3, the little extension of the Patio with the table, chair and Patio Umbrella!

I understand that there is a problem with commenting on Blogger.

If you can not comment on my blog for some reason, please feel free to email me at Debbiedabbleblog222@GMail.com

Also please check if you are a No Reply Blogger because I really want to thank you for your comment!!

And I do apologize as I am way behind on returning comments and will be trying to catch up!!

I do appreciate the time you take to comment and it really mean the world to me!!


I am linking up to these parties:

 June Garden Party


 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
  Fridays Unfolded Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
  Let's Get Real Friday Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
  Eat. Create. Party
 What To Do Weekends
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Anything Blue  Fridays
The Party Bunch
Friday's Five Features Party 
Craft Frenzy Friday 
Creativity Unleashed Link Party 
  Inspiration Gallery Link Party
 The Creative Exchange
Fertilizer Friday 
Weekends Are Fun Blog Hop 
Fabulous Fridays

SATURDAY
Best of the Weekend Party
 The Creative Collection Link Party
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pink Saturday
Party Junk
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
Saturday Show and Tell 
  Serenity  Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
What I've Been Buying- Monthly Party


 SUNDAY
Seasonal Sunday
That DIY Party
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 
Share It Sunday
Link It or Lump It Sunday
Sundays at Home
Sunday's Best Partay! -monthly


Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
 Lovely Ladies Linky Party
What's It Wednesday
Rednesday 
 Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Before and After Party
 Worthwhile Wednesdays 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
Whatever Goes Wednesday 
 Pretty Wednesdays Linky Party
 Wow Me Wednesday

Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Create it Thursday 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
Handmade Hangout Party
 Fabulously Frugal Thursdays
 Thursday Sweet Haute Share Linky Party
Garden Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment