BLUE MONDAY - WELCOME TO MY DEN

Once again, I am participating in Sally's BLUE MONDAY blog party. I want to Thank everyone who stopped by last week on Blue Monday to visit. This posting is sort of a follow up. I am showcasing my Den today. This room was originally the back patio. My Dad enclosed it and added heat, took off the back door of the house and took out the kitchen window, turning it into another room. When my sons were little, it was their Play Room. Now it is where my main computer is and where my Doll house is. I have decorated it in blue and burgundy.

I painted the dark paneling a creamy ivory and a slate blue and added the chair rail.

As you can see, I still stick to mostly a Victorian style.

This repro White Clash Ice Box was an Estate Sale find for a mere $15.00!! My hubby and I got it out of that house so fast for fear that they would change their minds. I have my DVD's and CD's stored inside.This end table was bought at a church flea market by my hubby , Joe for $6.00. I have 2 of them. The tiffany lamp was given to us by Joe's Aunt.

This room is small and has the strange measurements of 8' by 20'.

The lamp was purchased in J.C. Penney's as a gift for me by Joe.

This is where my computer is hidden. The 2 dolls on top of the cabinet were from the same Estate Sale as the repro ice box. They were $3.00 each!!

This is my Victorian Doll House. I showcased it and the 87 year old man who built it for me in my first Pink Saturday Post. It is on a turn table so I can spin it around to see inside of it. You can see where the kitchen window used to be above the chair.

This is the China Hutch that I featured in last week's Blue Monday Post. It was given to me by a neighbor.

Again, the dolls were Estate Sale finds. I still have some snow men out as Winter decorations. The girl in the picture frame is my mother as a child.

And that concludes my tour of our Den. I want to thank Sally for hosting Blue Monday. To link to all of the other participants in Blue Monday, please visit Sally @ www.smilingsally.blogspot.com


Thanks for visiting!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment